Metal Slug HD

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I think I just crapped my pants

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/911/911332p1.html

UK, September 18, 2008 - SNK Playmore has revealed that it is looking into giving the aging Metal Slug series an HD refit, potentially taking the shooting franchise down the same path as the forthcoming King of Fighters XII.

"In order to meet our fans demands for an HD version of Metal Slug, we're considering bringing this series to the new generation of consoles in a similar way to KOF XII," said SNK Playmore in an interview with IGN to be published later today, continuing, "We look forward to announcing this someday soon."

Metal Slug 7, an all new instalment exclusive to the DS, is coming to these shores later this month.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They're putting the finishing touches on KOF XII so now it's time for Metal Slug. I hope they're redrawing from scratch like they did with KOF.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'll just be happy if the series stays in the arcade this time, or at least originates there and then gets a port.

I dunno about you guys, but I felt so teased when I first saw Marco's sprite in NGBC. I wouldn't want a Slug in that style even though it is a beautiful game, but yeah, it's time to move on.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I hope for the classic stlye, just in hd

A revision of Metal Slug 1 in HD would be sweet

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
MS7 bombed. I'm not sure if they shoukd bother.

Time for a new IP.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
One difference between Metal Slug and KOF on Neo Geo is that I would not change a thing about the graphics in Metal Slug. KOF's facelift was more than welcome, but Metal Slug, well I like it the way it is (was). Also in terms of gameplay, I can say that I have come to approve of what playmore has been doing with KOF but can't say that about Metal Slug. No point passing judgement before playing it (and I def will).

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
If the series will continue, it's time to upgrade and bring the graphics up to date. It looks lazy otherwise.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Awesome.

I wonder if this will be a full console release or downloadable via psn/xbla?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I sure hope they put the work in and make it a full price game.

Agreed there - I'm just wondering if we're looking a new slug game with "HD" graphics, or simply a nice remake of one of the existing slug games.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Agreed there - I'm just wondering if we're looking a new slug game with "HD" graphics, or simply a nice remake of one of the existing slug games.
Good point. We know so little so far, this news could be anything.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
MS7 bombed. I'm not sure if they shoukd bother.

why was ms7 only released on DS? did nintendo want an exclusive or something?

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
It's understandable SNK wants to use their main ongoing series (KoF, SamSho, Metal Slug etc.) to make some quick cash...I also wish the best to them, but but hope they get off their asses and develop a new franchise. I also agree they should revive some of their older series, instead of just re-releasing their classics. Not that I'm necessarily complaining about that either, though. And, can't wait to see Metal Slug HD! :multi_co: