pulstar ebay shenanigans

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
I have a bunch of auctions on watch, and this one seemed like it was probably a boot at first :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160282273672
"the memory chips are windowed"
The pictures of the sellers other MVS carts (Metal Slug 3 specifically), looked like boots to me, as well.
I didn't plan on bidding for that reason, unless it was about to go for crazy cheap.

That's all no big deal though. What made me post this thread is, there are 5 hours left, and the auction is already at $150. I looked it up in the price guide, and that's almost double the high end.

I'm wondering what is going on here?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I just sold a PULSTAR Neo Geo MVS Cartridge Game(SNKG) on Ebay..$55.00 Shipped..

$150...WOW!!

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Damn, I never knew that it would fetch up to $150. It's the only game that I'm looking for right now. There's no way that I'm forking over that much for a bare cart.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Damn, I never knew that it would fetch up to $150. It's the only game that I'm looking for right now. There's no way that I'm forking over that much for a bare cart.

Shit,I wish I would of known.::(...It sold so quick..

It was when I was foraging money to buy the yellow pocket bike>me looking to make quick cash...:D

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
"the memory chips are windowed" definitely sounds like creative slang for "bootleg" so there is no reason the price should be this high.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Great game though. As far as horizontal shmups go, it's one of my favorites.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
oh shit its game_of_you

that guy sold me a "mint conditon" Batsugun saturn game with a rip in the manual. I was not happy.

He has an account on this forum, I called him out on that manual and never heard from him again.

Keep your eyes open in the next few months for a noob selling a $20 pulstar boot. I feel bad for the kid.

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
"the memory chips are windowed" definitely sounds like creative slang for "bootleg" so there is no reason the price should be this high.

If you look at his other auctions with the clear MVS carts, and the same description, the carts look like boots.

I only made this thread because it was a pretty obvious bootleg going for higher than the legit cart often goes for.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I wouldn't pay $150 for a Pulstar with a fake label let alone a boot.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He clearly states it's boot without saying it. This is so the buyer has a vague idea of what to expect. If he put boot in the auction it could get pulled. BUT if they pay via paypal they can file a claim for them selling a bootleg. I've claimed against people like that many times but they advertised it as original.

astar617

B. Jenet's Firstmate
He clearly states it's boot without saying it. This is so the buyer has a vague idea of what to expect. If he put boot in the auction it could get pulled. BUT if they pay via paypal they can file a claim for them selling a bootleg. I've claimed against people like that many times but they advertised it as original.
Has anyone reached out to the buyer to see if he knew what he was getting? Or do we generally maintain a caveat emptor, laissez faire attitude regarding eBay sales?

For some reason I cant create my own threads at the moment. So I thought I would add my thread to this.

So I bought this item with the description as follows
"Pulstar Jap

Mint

For Neo Geo AES

Genuine not a conversion"

However the cart has some scratchs and the insert is sun faded.

3884431670_89aac0196a_o.jpg

I paid £300 for this so should I request a refund?

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
Admins, please remove this as it is being responded to in another thread.