King of Fighters XII Gameplay Vids.....

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is going to be the SHIT.

Although, It's missing something. Something.

Why there are so many fat women going nuts, I HAVE NO IDEA. Seriously...that doesnt make any fucking sense.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Haha, I thought the same thing about the fat woman. Nonetheless, the game quality looks amazing. I will definetly pick this up when it hits in 2011.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
This is going to be the SHIT.

Although, It's missing something. Something.

Why there are so many fat women going nuts, I HAVE NO IDEA. Seriously...that doesnt make any fucking sense.

I'd have to get my hands on it to tell what it's "missing", but the presentation and quality look astounding. Maybe the stage shown is the new "Fat Farm" stage? That was a little creepy...

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
It looks pretty good. I'm glad that it's gone back to matches without tagging.

But how come it didn't show Kyo and Ryo having any new moves? :conf:

Setsuna1982

World Her,
missing animation? Where? It's WAY better animated that anything made by Arc System Works. And looks on par with MOTW.

I like how ryo looks like in AOF3

EDIT: The zooming looks perfect in execution

Also look at 1:57 when ryo is running into the "dark zone". The sprite doesn't just go darker. The shadow is actually real, firtst being darker the legs, then the body, etc. At 2:01/2:02 you can see half ryo in the dark, half with light. And at 2:08/2:10 when he's walking to the left you can clearly see it. Nice touch

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It looks pretty good. I'm glad that it's gone back to matches without tagging.

But how come it didn't show Kyo and Ryo having any new moves? :conf:

Thats what I was thinking, I mean c'mon...a whole match and NO SUPERS!?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Prettiest 2d fighter ever, only took 8 years to out do 3rd strike.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
All of the moves could have been translated into "LOOK AT MY FLAPPING SHIRT!!!!"... seriously, good animation is one thing, but that shit was distracting. Button a button.

That said, it does look nice. I'm interested, but I don't think I'll ever get excited for a KOF until they bring back Freeman. I know in many ways he's a Yamazaki clone but, I don't care.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I will have this game. I did notice that it seemed like there wasn't a whole lot of animation( guess some of us were expecting too much) but damn, with the quality of those sprites it'd be a huge task to add all that animation. I'm happy with what I see.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
it is ALL ABOUT ash's ducking animation! fucking rests his arms on his knees. so fucking cocky. it also look like they gave him a little bit of k's "turn your back when retreating". ryo looks like hes out of buriki one.

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I can't stop drooling over this game. I love me some KoF. The dynamic lighting looks real good too. They put a lot of work into this one and it shows.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
It needs the current fighter's name near the life bars. A lot of people will get into kof with this one and it helps a lot to familiarize with the characters instead of calling them "the guy with the cap", "the gay", "the fat dude with a ball".

Everybody calls ryu "ryu" and not "karateka with a red thing on his head"

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Everyone else noticed that the settei work for the actual sprites seems very much like Nona's art? :)

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Wow, haven't touched any new gen console since the ps1, but by the looks of this, I might have to buy me a xbox360 !!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I think the animation is fine, but also keep in mind this is from a camcorder, so who knows if that is effecting what we are seeing.

Seems to only be 21 characters, I think that is the smallest KOF roster yet. No Iori as of yet, and is Kyo on Ash's team?

Lastly, why did they change Terry back to his old Fatal Fury get up?