Electrohome GO7 instantly blowing the fuse

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Ok arcadeheads,

I got this GO7 board from a guy and the XO1 (HOT) was blown. Got a new HOT and Flyback installed and replaced the fuse beside the giant capacitor with a holder and a new 250V, 1.5A fuse. Hooked it up and turned the machine on, and the fuse blew right away. Any ideas?

As a side note, I gave the guy my old (working) GO7 board, and his board is now broken, looks to be the same problem (no glow/noise at all).

As another side note, anyone want to just sell me 2 working GO7 boards? thanks, haha.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
In a G07 the common problem is the caps. Once the caps dry out they put extra stress on the other parts like the HOT and possibly crack the flyback open.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Any chance you put in a fast blow when its supposed to be a slow blow?

Also if you were replacing the HOT and the flyback, you should have done a cap kit at the same time IMO.

K

karmatose

Try unplugging the degaussing coil. If the monitor turns on and doesn't blow fuse, check the posistor. That happened to me with my G07 and is how I fixed it.

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Just tried your suggestion (the degaussing coil wires are the two separate tan wires that come from the white block to the side of the chassis, right), and it still blew the fuse.