KOF XII and SamSho: Edge of Destiny Home Ports...

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
SNK Playmore and Ignition Entertainment have announced the U.S. home console release for both The King of Fighters XII and Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny (Samurai Spirits Sen in Japan) in 2009.

The King of Fighters XII will be available for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It will feature online play, and be priced at $59.99. The release date is scheduled for May 2009.

Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny will also be available for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. It will feature online play, and be priced at $59.99. The release date is scheduled for June 2009.

Also, as a reminder SNK and Ignition Ent.'s first distributed title will be The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match for PS2. This title is scheduled for January 2009 at a $19.99 price point.

Source: SNK Playmore/Ignition Entertainment @ GS Managers Conference
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334972

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
AAAAWWWW YEAH!!

How about some more KOFXII Gameplay Vids first!!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Fanfuckingtastic!!

I think with the release of those two games, suddenly my MVS might become quite lonely all of a sudden. I will need a new stick.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Definitely something to consider once I get an Xbox 360, unless Edge of Destiny gets a Teen rating from the ESRB...

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Doubtful on those dates in the U.S.; it's SNK USA we're talking about. I bet 2002 Ultimate Match will be out in Japan before '98 Ultimate Match hits the States. :/

XII is still not out in arcades yet; I'll wait for a J-release date to confirm.

Weird seeing Edge Of Destiny listed for release AFTER KOF XII, makes no sense. Edge Of Destiny is pretty bad anyway though, so whatever.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Edge Of Destiny is pretty bad anyway though, so whatever.

i agree, but i might still buy it if we can play japanese players (based on all other XBL games it will). it might be laggy... but, like the new Armored Core games, it will
have a bunch of players from that region still playing.

ikariwarriorf22

New Challenger
I am glad that both King Of Fighters XII and Samurai Showdown: Edge Of Destiny are getting released in the US for the Xbox 360. I hope that in addition to King Of Fighters 98 for the PS2 that there is also a SNK Arcade Classics 2 for 2009. Both of SNK/Playmores new 360 titles are absolutely must buys for me in 2009.

Today I saw that there are going to be arcade joysticks with Street Fighter characters emblazoned on them. I wonder if SNK/Playmore would sell a product like it. I would love to see an arcade style joystick with the dial controller from the Ikari Warriors arcade games. You were able to shoot in multiple directions simply by twisting the dial on the control board. The other stick was for moving your character. Of course I would also like an Ikari Warriors Trilogy port for the Xbox 360, but I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Good news, I've been waiting for a console port of Sen for awhile. I know, Sen is not a well-liked game, but I had fun playing it. $59.99 does seem a little steep though, I hope they include enough extras (like Soul Calibur IV) to make it worth buying.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Good news, but I'd be amazed if KOF XII was out in Japan by May 2009, let alone the US.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I would still prefer a release of KOF12 for the PS2 .... there is no way it can't do it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would still prefer a release of KOF12 for the PS2 .... there is no way it can't do it.

Prefer? the ps3 is a much better choice. The PS2 might allow HD resolutions (ex. GT4) but theres no way in hell it would do this game justice.

Think about it.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I would prefer a ps2 release cause thats what i have.... I haven't upgraded to current gen game consoles. I guess i am also questioning how "high def" kof 12 is really gonna be. I hope it will be awsome, i really loved kof11. I just don't know that it is really gonna look better than guilty gear (hate the game love the presentation)? I kind doubt it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I would prefer a ps2 release cause thats what i have.... I haven't upgraded to current gen game consoles. I guess i am also questioning how "high def" kof 12 is really gonna be. I hope it will be awsome, i really loved kof11. I just don't know that it is really gonna look better than guilty gear (hate the game love the presentation)? I kind doubt it.

Haven't you seen the pictures? videos? Its a ton better than Guilty Gay.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Edge of Destiny still seems like it'll be fun, at least from what I've watched.

It wasn't really popular in Japan though, so that could be a harbinger of doom for a stateside release, regardless of what SNKP says (I'd be surprised if it would even be worth the investment to port).

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
The only videos of kof 12 i have seen have been low quality youtube videos. That looked good, everything was redrawn and all. But from that i wasn't convinced. That being said i hope they make the best looking, best playing KOF (or for that matter fighting game) ever. Then i would have a reason to upgrade finally.

kroko^unleashed

Rugal's Thug
The only videos of kof 12 i have seen have been low quality youtube videos. That looked good, everything was redrawn and all. But from that i wasn't convinced. That being said i hope they make the best looking, best playing KOF (or for that matter fighting game) ever. Then i would have a reason to upgrade finally.

King-of-Fighters-XII-2.jpg

King-of-Fighters-XII-3.jpg

vs

guilty-gear-x2-reload-4.jpg

Big enough?

Last edited:

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
With these new graphics I hope the gameplay feels new too. KOF has been feeling kind of stale, gameplay-wise for me.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
Wow .......... very inpressive screen shots. I see what you guys were talking about now. Very exciting..........