Green Screen of Death

achika

Geese's Thug
When I power up my 'Neo MVH Slot 1F' I get a mostly neon green screen with small blocks of black and white. But then it goes into the Neo Geo title screen, then the game, etc. The game plays fine with no visual defects of any sort. This happens with all the games: FF2, SS 1-4, and Puzzle De Pon. I'm running this board with a Sigma Raijin from Nikke (of which I am the original owner). The board is second hand, but I'm not having this problem with my second hand Sega STV board. I don't think the contacts are dirty but I could be wrong, I only assume this because the games are visually fine. It's just the initial screen that I am worried about. Please help, or tell me, is this normal?

~achika

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
that's normal. it's a ram and graphics check, it basically fills all ram with data to check if nothing is damaged.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Originally posted by Amano Jacu:
<strong>Don't worry, the same happened to me and it appears to be just normal.</strong><hr></blockquote>Yes its normal.

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
yeah it's normal - kinda freaked me out when I first turned on my MVS though :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
No... oh God you saw that... every time you see that screen it is erasing data from your carts!!!! You may not notice it at first, but after a few times you will start losing music and graphics, sometimes there will be lines on the screen... the cart will melt, and your Neo Geo will explode killing you and anyone in a 5 mile radius.... please stop using that Neo Geo, that screen will kill us all!!!!!! Oh god.... Oh wait, mine does that to, must be normal :)

-Nick

achika

Geese's Thug
*sniff*sniff* Ouch that hurt! I didn't know better, that's why I asked.

achika

Geese's Thug
Okay, everyone, I understand that 'THIS IS NORMAL' you don't have to pay attention to this post anymore. Thanks though

300 Meg Pro Gear Spec

it is NORMAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it does look kinda weird doesn't it ?