Neo Geo converters?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Anyone know how to make a Neo Geo to PS2/PC converter or know of a place where I can buy one?

toodles

Zero's Secretary
Grab a common ground playstation controller; original digital only PSX pads preferred. The PCB from inside an HRAP would be super easy to use.

Each button/direction is made up of two halves that get connected when the button is pressed; Use a multimeter to check resistances. One half of every button/direction should be all connected together with a low almost 0 resistance. That's nice, but you really are interested in the OTHER half, the signal line.

Take your male DB-15. Figure out what each pin is according to this pinout:
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=controls:neo_geo_controller

Solder a wire to the signal for each direction and button you want; so start with the signal pad for Up, solder a wire to it. Solder it to the DB-15 at the pin # shown as Up on the Neogeo pinout (pin 15). Repeat for all four play buttons, start, select, and the rest of the directions. (To avoid confusion, button D is pin 4; leave pin 9 disconnected.)

The last pins you need are the power/VCC and ground. It is best to take these straight from the PSX cable. Find the pin for VCC one this pinout:
http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=controls:playstation_controller
which is pin 5, the dead middle of the PSX plug. Use your multimeter to find out which of the wires from the cable to the board is connected to that pin; solder a wire there, and then solder the other end to the DB-15 pin that says VCC on the Neogeo pinout. Repeat for ground.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
OR go to tototek.com and buy them for like $15.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
OR go to tototek.com and buy them for like $15.

I'm trying to get one that allows me to use my Neo Geo stick on other systems. They only have PS2 to Neo Geo.

Toodles, I can solder at all. If I did, I'd have done it already with that tutorial on SRK.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I'm trying to get one that allows me to use my Neo Geo stick on other systems. They only have PS2 to Neo Geo.

Toodles, I can solder at all. If I did, I'd have done it already with that tutorial on SRK.

Toodles,

Did you sell the converter you offered me on SRK awhile ago?

toodles

Zero's Secretary

I must have misunderstood. I don't know how you can make one without soldering though. Well, It is possible now that I think about it, but would be even more of a pain. You'd need an HRAP1/HRAP2 PCB with the wires still connected, and a DB-15 that uses crimp pins instead of the usual solder-cup connections, and you wouldn't be able to connect the VCC line without soldering, so itd work for old style sticks but not new style sticks.
Toodles,

Did you sell the converter you offered me on SRK awhile ago?

You mean the three? (neo->xbox, neo->PC USB, neo->PSX) If so, nope, still got 'em.

Ironnically enough, offered to Giby too way back when. I'm guessing the price was too high for y'all, but for any less I'd rather keep them.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Stupid typo's :/ I was trying to say that I can't solder for shit.

As for thew offer, the reason I didn't buy it from you was because I didn't need the XB. I remember replying to you about that saying if you took that one out I'd buy the other two.

toodles

Zero's Secretary
Stupid typo's :/ I was trying to say that I can't solder for shit.

As for thew offer, the reason I didn't buy it from you was because I didn't need the XB. I remember replying to you about that saying if you took that one out I'd buy the other two.

Sorry man, never got that PM.

ninja maestro

World Soccer '96
Sorry, that was directed at giby! I made this and wondered if he wanted it...

DSC00237.jpg

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Sorry man, never got that PM.

Damn, I most likely wrote it and closed the window while I sent it, or before I sent it. I do that alot :(

IIRC, you wanted 110 or 120 for all three shipped, let me know if you're still selling the USB and PS2 one, and how much shipped.