PS2 pad hack issue

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
So, I'm hacking a ps2 pad to a friends MAS stick... everything is all wired up.

I plug the stick into the PS2 to try it out on ST and 3s and find that it works perfect on ST, but when I go to play 3s the X and triangle buttons do not do anything in the menu screen.. ( they do during matches)
when I hold the the X button down it's acts like I'm pressing down on the joystick and when I press the triangle button it acts like I'm pressing up on the joystick... I disconnected all the wires and reconnected them to insure that nothing was soldered wrong and have the same results...

Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Does it have something to do with 3s's analog support?

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Just use a official PS1 pad to hack. Ive used them on my MAS sticks and never had a problem with them.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Just use a official PS1 pad to hack. Ive used them on my MAS sticks and never had a problem with them.

Yep, they are cheaper and much less complicated.

So, I'm hacking a ps2 pad to a friends MAS stick... everything is all wired up.

I plug the stick into the PS2 to try it out on ST and 3s and find that it works perfect on ST, but when I go to play 3s the X and triangle buttons do not do anything in the menu screen.. ( they do during matches)
when I hold the the X button down it's acts like I'm pressing down on the joystick and when I press the triangle button it acts like I'm pressing up on the joystick... I disconnected all the wires and reconnected them to insure that nothing was soldered wrong and have the same results...

Anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? Does it have something to do with 3s's analog support?

How exactly is it wired up?

Make sure that there are no shorts on the connector end.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Only problem with using a non-analog PS1 pad is the finished product won't work with the Neo Geo PS2 adapters for no explained reason.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I started over with a Madcatz Microcon.

how the fuck do you wire the start and select buttons? I found the solder point, but it's acting like I'm pushing the start and select buttons simultaneously....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need to use a PS1 pad since they're analog as the PS2 pads are digital.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
I have everything else working perfectly, just having a problem with the start and select buttons.

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
ok... now I have a new and slightly more interesting problem.

the stick is 100% working with 3s, but when I play ST or CvS 2 my kicks are disabled during game play...

problem solved thanks to toodles

Last edited: