Wrong cap kit?

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
I ordered a K7000 series cap kit from Happ for my WG25K7193 monitor, and I noticed the values seem wrong. For instance-

C204 original rating = 4.7uF/160v
C204 cap kit rating = 4.7uF/160v OR 250v (mine came 250v)

C10 org. rating = 33uF/16v
C10 cap kit rating = 33uF/25v or 50v (think mine was 50)

Does anybody know what the deal is with these? Can I use these caps or am I wasting my time? I thought you weren't supposed to touch the voltage but the uF could only be higher not lower? I'm so confused, the uF rating appears to stay the same but the voltage ratings can be much different. :conf:

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
You are fine.... You can go 10% higher or 20% lower for most caps' uf rating.

The voltage is either the same or higher. Physical dimensions of the replacement caps keep you from going too high in voltage rating.

RJ

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
OK just for the record, as long as the ratings match up the size of the actual cap doesnt matter? I have another WG monitor that has a cap I can replace, but it's huge, and the one in the kit has the same ratings but is a fraction of the size of this one. The cap thats on there now is the size of my thumb, this other cap I have is the size of a small screw. :conf:

Edit- I should note that this strikes me as particularly odd because the other replacement caps were at least only a little bit smaller than their previous, whereas this one is a huge jump. So I'm cautious.

Last edited: