Suggestion to Briggs site (Hardmvs)

NickD

Frenzy Football Player
Since I don't know a lot about cabs and monitors (and I'm sure a whole lot of people are in the same situation as I am). Would it be a nice addition to your site to have a "dedicated" cab section explaining, for example, monitors settings, the horizontal width switch or hex (heck I don't even know on my monitor's board where it is). Maybe just pictures telling what are the parts for this monitor or this one, etc?

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
I am nowhere near a monitor guru. I can discharge a monitor and do a cap kit but that is about it. Plus the fact that there are so many different monitors out there, it makes it hard to cover them all.

I would like to get some monitor manuals up, but I decided against doing a "How to install a cap kit" due to the dangers of dealing with monitors.

If anyone wants to take on the job of putting together a section on monitors, I would be happy to help out and host it.

Briggs

I know...

Toddy sent me some monitor manual scans probably almost a year ago now, and I still have not put them up. To be honest, I could fill a full work week with all the stuff I need to do on the site and pictures I need to post. I have at least two or three projects to add and I'm working on another one. People have sent me many pictures of cabs and I have been snagging ones off ebay that I have not posted.

I have some personal stuff I need to finish up and then ***I SWEAR*** the site will be updated.

Thanks to Toddy and all the other folks that have taken the time to send in pictures and contributed over the last year. I appreciate your patience and please know that your efforts will not be wasted.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Dont worry about it Briggs, there is more to life than MVS. Everyone on this forum appreciates your efforts. I want to help out :)

[ September 27, 2002: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
When I say "thinks" I am seriously thinking about the monitor guru job. The trouble is that I have experience only with Kortek, Hantrex and Nanao monitor boards, never seen a WG board in the wild. Understand the principles.

Anyway Im the first to put my hand up.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Anyone else interested, we could all contribute.

Would love to get some real schematics of the hardware, SNK design engineers must have been sworn to secrecy.

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]

Thats nothing to do with the monitors.

[ September 28, 2002: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>

Briggs

I can probably cover the WG stuff if you can take the rest I suppose. I just got my first Nanao and I have to say it is VERY nice.

NickD

Frenzy Football Player
Btw, I wasn't asking for a fully detailed "how to put a new monitor" guide, just pics with arrows saying this is for the red color, this one is for the blue, this one is for the green, etc. I've done a little tweaking and never had figure in one year that I could change the color. I always though everything was setup on the front of the cab.

I'm willing to take pictures of the back of my monitor and the board that goes with it if it might help. Other than that, I don't know much about them, hence the suggestion.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Look carfully on your board and you should see markings on the boards. That will tell you what colors you will be adjusting. Remember, use a grounding strap or you might overload the monitors with static. I have done that several times to ATM monitors at my work. If that happens, turn off the machine a let it sit for a few minutes. If you are lucky, you din't blow anything up. Tha boards should be marked.