Supergun - Stereo / Mono

DewmanSNK

Formerly NeoGeeO, , Collaborator
10 Year Member
Hey Guys,

I know this has been re-hashed many times but here we go again

I have drawn a simple diagram and just wanted some comments on if it will work or not

From what I have read - It should give me the ability to switch from stereo to mono on my newly constructed supergun.

I will have pics of the SG soon, but here is the diag for now
Right now I am wired for just stereo MVS, thats the only PCB i have now, but will have others later
stero-mono-mvs.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I just want to make sure that you are NOT using the audio ground off the board but instead using a regular ground off the board.

DewmanSNK

10 Year Member
Yes ground will be a ground I take from the power supply

Not (JAMMA - M) to answer your question

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
If you added one more pole you could also have mono going to the right speaker out for split mono. You would just connect the extra pole on the mono side with JAMMA audio(+) and then connect it with right speaker(+) so that when you select mono it is outputted to both left and right.

In this way you can have selectable stereo and dual-mono (pseudostereo?)

cheers,
-DT

DewmanSNK

10 Year Member
why add another pole?

I could just run a wire to both the white and red rca from the mono side

THat would have the same result, correct??

Thanks for chiming in, i did not think to have the mono mirrored across both audio jacks. I was going to run a Y-harness on the outside of my supergun, but with the mono on both connectors this would be unecessary

just a thought

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Because if the mono (left) and stereo (left) are connected on both sides and the right is connected to the left on the mono side, then your left and right will always be the same and you will get mixed stereo (which is the same as mono).

Check out your drawing and imagine that the right is connected to mono left. Now follow the other side, where stereo left is connected to mono left, and right would still be connected to mono left and therefore stereo left.

hope that's isn't as confusing as it sounds.
cheers!
-DT