windjammers MVS help!!!!!!!

unite2k

Cheng's Errand Boy
Ok yesterday i got windjammers on MVS, its in a clear case while the chips arent toshiba there is no soldering andreal SNK boards so i doubt it is a fake.. although i am no real expert. But when i go to bios settings and change the time for the matches, like from 40 seconds to 60 or whatever the matches end early and unexpectedly... strange isnt it! On 40 it seems to work fine, but otherwise the matches sometimes end when the timer is on 15 seconds remaining. Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be my MVS 2slot (mem card version) or the cart?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I've never noticed.. I will try and duplicate that today on my Neo.

-Nick

Nightmare Tony

*Account control passed, on to Tony's family.Ex Ro
The real Windjammers is in a clear case, sos you did good. (got 2, a real; one homemade :)

Did you clear out the backup memory on your MVS? Wacky data in there can cause some REAL setting fun. My favorite was a Baseball Stars. when yuou got it coinedf then game startm, then it would immediately go into game over in about 45 microseconds. Clearing the backup RAM solved that problem.

To clear the backup RAM to factory spec, turn all 8 dipswitches down, then power up the cabinet. Onscreen, it will say WORK RAM TEST. Leave for 5 seconds, then put the switches back up....
Hope it helps...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hey Nightmare Tony,

You probably have a good solution for this problem, can you take a look at this thread and tell me what you think?

<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002411" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002411</a>

Thanks,

-Nick

unite2k

Cheng's Errand Boy
did that on the board, now the volume is really low and a wierd buzz is coming. i switched the switches back when the machine was on.... is this ok? or was that a bad move? I tried windjammers and that problem is solved.... whats the next step?!!!!!!!

unite2k

Cheng's Errand Boy
Anyone tried changing the time on their Windjammers MVS?? Ok the volume was just because the slider on the MVS board had been moved while cleaning.
I am still getting this problem of rounds finishing early when i change the time to longer than the default of 30seconds. Has anyone else had this problem? Yes i cleared out the data of the system... unfortunately that did my memory card too.. but oh well.
I'd really like some help on this one.... so if anyone with a Windjammers MVS could go to softdip setting and change the time to say 60 seconds and play for a little bit and tell me the result i would really appreciate that!