NCS gets home cart NOS

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Hey guys, figured ya'll would like to know.
NOS of
» 3 Count Bout - New in box with SNK seal
» Alpha Mission II - New in box with SNK seal
» Blue's Journey - New in box with SNK seal
» Ghost Pilots - New in box with SNK seal
» Magician Lord - New in box with SNK seal
» Ninja Combat - New in box with SNK seal
» Riding Hero - New in box with SNK seal
» Sengoku - New in box with SNK seal
» The Super Spy - New in box with SNK seal

available for about 40 some bucks a piece. apparently there's lots,
but you know.
new carts.
why not.
wish they had nam 75 or something but I think i'll pick up alpha mission and super spy.
i feel stupid since i cant remember if i have ninja combat or not.

http://www.ncsx.com/2008/080408/ncs0804w.htm

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
They probably didnt want to buy all those marked up Nam carts from their contact.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
This is awesome news. Going for 3 Count Bout and either Ghost Pilots or Alpha Mission 2. I also can replace my "ahem... :emb: " Freaked copies of Magician Lord, Ninja Combat, Sengoku, Riding Hero and Blues Journey with new copies if they stick around long enough.

I love how my Freaked copies don't match up US/JP with the carts and manuals on some :blow_top: . I got them back in 2000, so it is what it is. At least it is cheap and easy to replace those copies.

aria

Former Moderator
This is great for the person thinking of getting into the Neo right now.

Still, "multiple hundreds of each cartridge available for sale"??? Doesn't that sound just slightly weird? Did someone find the legendary, long-lost warehouse of Software Etc.?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Doesn't that sound just slightly weird? Did someone find the legendary, long-lost warehouse of Software Etc.?

Sounds like it.... Or something similar.

These types of things happen all the time...

Too bad this will never happen with the later releases.... Since no retailer ever built up significant stock in them..

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Yeah, I saw this in the update this morning and I lamented not having a homecart system for a few hours. It's just such a pain in the ass to get one of those modded and pile up a bunch of carts again. If only they weren't so damn cool.

:crying:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Yeah, I saw this in the update this morning and I lamented not having a homecart system for a few hours. It's just such a pain in the ass to get one of those modded and pile up a bunch of carts again. If only they weren't so damn cool.

:crying:

It's not like the neo store doesn't have (edit: most of) these NOS for the same price.

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
This is great for the person thinking of getting into the Neo right now.

Still, "multiple hundreds of each cartridge available for sale"??? Doesn't that sound just slightly weird? Did someone find the legendary, long-lost warehouse of Software Etc.?

I'm about 99% sure that Classic Game Source is the vendor offering these to NCSX. As some of you probably know, they bought their stock from Telegames/Direct 4 Games and have maintained many of their shady practices. I would guess around half of the games will be in not mint shape as many of us who have ordered from Telegames and Classic Game Source over the past couple of years have found out the hard way.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Would someone explain to me how do so many carts particularly from a system which has low production runs go just mia for years and stay off the radar.

aria

Former Moderator
Hah, I remember Telegames --never dealt with them as they just looked weird.

I was waiting to see SuperSellers reappear...

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Hah, I remember Telegames --never dealt with them as they just looked weird.

I was waiting to see SuperSellers reappear...

In addition to weird, I remember Telegames's prices (in GBPs, no less) being absolutely ludicrous, even by early '00s standards. I can only imagine how bad dealing with them would be now, with the dollar having lost so much value since that time.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I've dealt with ncsx on several occasions and their staff is honest, most are fellow collectors. So if they say a game is mint I would have no reason to doubt the condition. If they did buy these games from that seller they probably only purchased those in mint condition. It is pretty cool to know that there is warehouses with this stuff sitting around, I'd be like a kid in a candy store rummaging around.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Why can't someone stumble into a huge NOS cache of Blazing Star carts or other Neo shooters? Now that would be something I could truly become excited about.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I'd recommend asking them to shake the box to check it doesn't rattle before ordering, along with looking at the sticker that seals it(the sticky side can be covered in nasty yellow/brown dust). Most of these carts have truly been put through the ringer over the years. I actually suspected they used a big pile of them as goal posts in an impromptu game of five a side soccer in the warehouse at least once before they sent me the ones I bought.

Still factory sealed? Yes. Minty fresh and looked after? Bwahahahahaha, yeah right!

strtfghtr

n00b
I ordered a few of these: Ghost Pilots, Ninja Combat, Sengoku, and Superspy.

I'll let you guys know how the transactions turn out.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Why can't someone stumble into a huge NOS cache of Blazing Star carts or other Neo shooters? Now that would be something I could truly become excited about.

Dude, even if that happened...what would YOU do with something like that?
Trickle 'em out...ebay one of them like every two months, maximize your profits.
Even a company like NCS wouldn't blow something like Blazing Star out like this old stock. No way.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Dude, even if that happened...what would YOU do with something like that?
Trickle 'em out...ebay one of them like every two months, maximize your profits.
Even a company like NCS wouldn't blow something like Blazing Star out like this old stock. No way.

Super Dodge Ball?

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Warning, this ncsx webpage is infected by a trojan. ( trojan exploit.js.f)

strtfghtr

n00b
Just wanted to follow up that I just got my games I ordered today. Took a while because according to NCS their supplyer didn't send the games untill last week. I was about a day away from canceling my order when my shipping confirmation came in.

FWIW NCS was very friendly and answered all my questions.

These games are BETTER than MINT. Each one is flawless...sealed and beautiful...I almost dont want to open them...but I will :p