UK Super Nova

Omegagouki

Crazed MVS Addict
I want to get a super Nova and im a noob to the whole scene, i was wondering if someone could set me straight by answering some questions:

1)It's for jamma, does that include cps/cpsII(what the capcom games run on)MVS, Hyper Neo 64: what kind of adaptors are needed?

2) If I end up getting a UK version, what do I need to convert the voltage and Pal to a US voltage and a US TV?

3) i'm not a big fan of joysticks(flame me if u must), how hard is it to get your NeoGeoCD controller hookups for it.

I was hoping to get both the Samurai Spirits games for the hyper 64 system, GI Joe (the cabal style game), Ninja Gaiden, Warzard, Buraki One(spelling), Street Fighter: The Movie, Spider-Man (where u could play as Black Cat), x-Men the Arcade game, the simpsons, some other early 90's games i used to play when I lived in MA.
Thanks.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
First of all, what you want is generically called a Supergun, and Supernova is just a particular model of one made in USA. You can see a lot of different superguns here:
http://www.sgrepository.com

I don't recommend getting a supergun from UK if you live in USA. If its power supply has a 110/220V switch then you could plug it in your outlet, but usually European superguns video output is RGB though scart, and your TV doesn't support it. You need a supergun with something like S-video output. Not to mention the shipping costs from UK anyway.

Yes, if the supergun is truky JAMMA campatible you should be able to plug and play most arcade boards. Take care that some of them might require slight modifications to be made. For example the extra connectors for extra buttons in some CPS1/2 games. Check www.klov.com to know if that games are JAMMA or have something non-standar.

About controllers, it depends on the supergun. If it has a DB-15 for a controller port, following the Neo pin-out (including +5V), you should be able to use the NGCD pad. Anyway, take care that it is possible to mod your favourite console pad (PSX, Saturn, etc.) to be able to use it in a supergun. Check the sticky thread on this forum.

Last edited: