euro tv rbg or scart

neonut

Crossed Swords Squire
i have postedthis before but i am still confused. i bought a mutisystem tv ( sony). It has two scart connections, and i was assured that al new scarts support rgb. I know the difference between scart euro and jap. I use a jap 21 pin connecto ans rewired it like it says on gamex, and the signal looks no better than svideo if noy worse. Do i need a real scart 21 pin conn. or am i doing something wrong. I want to acheive rgb qualit like my cab. What do i do can the tv be hacked or is my tv displaying compsite. this is a new tv, sont vega 29 ". help please.......NEONUT

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You need to put your TV in RGB mode, if not it'll just show composite even through the scart. Consult the manual, you should do that with the TV remote.
At least that's how my European Sony TV works. If you press the button with an arrow in the remote you get composite through the Euroconnector, but if you press it again you get RGB. That's it.

if it is like most sony TV's when you power on it auto changes to the scart channel THIS IS NOT THE RGB channel. you always have to turn to that manually (bit of a pain but worth the difference.)

U guys have badly wired SCART cables! The auto switch should go to RGB. Take out the composite wiring in your cables! Oh if the pic is crap, check if the SCART one uses capacitors. And buy some better SCART multicore cable!