[PS2] Sengoku Anthology

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Sengoku Anthology announced for PS2 and PC from a small publisher DHM Interactiv from france.

A little strange, but here are the packshot:

sengoku-anthology-cover-1.jpg

Source and Screenshots here: http://www.planet-snk.de/?article=7433&name=Sengoku_Anthology :mr_t:

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Very interesting. I wonder if this will hit U.S. shores.... Thanks for the heads up

aria

Former Moderator
Bleh... really? I guess SNK is desperate.

I mean, the games are decent enough --but the trilogy isn't something I'd consider a PS2 compilation on their own.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Bleh... really? I guess SNK is desperate.

I mean, the games are decent enough --but the trilogy isn't something I'd consider a PS2 compilation on their own.
Each game I would consider worth buying on their own. That's why I did. Classics compilations have jaded new gamers against old games so much. I realize it's just the natural way of things. But when did we start complaining about three games being sold as one?

daybona

Juz,
I find it ironic that the cover art for this title is from a game not originally intended to be a Sengoku game.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Ultimeh. With so many excellent Neo games still not on anything besides MVS/homecart, this is like...anti-climactic as hell.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I find some of the apathy about this release confusing. Personally, I'm a big fan of the Sengoku games and I never once imagined they would be finding a a new home on any console than the Neo (disregarding the SNES and Mega CD ports of the original anyway). Suffice to say I'm glad that more people will have a chance to experience this neglected series.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Why is there no mention of this on the Playmore web site?

Ninja Masters is supposed to be the next Online Collection release afaik. Why would they farm this out to a third party? Doesn't make sense to me. If they're gonna release largely low key stuff like World Heroes and Kizuna then why release Sengoku through a third party?

A Super Sidekicks anthology would be much prefered :D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
never played a Sengoku, im hoping it does get a US release.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
playmore is fucking up on these in a major way. Sengoku 2001 was not a proper sengoku. A real kick in the teeth of any Sengoku 1 and 2 fan.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
playmore is fucking up on these in a major way. Sengoku 2001 was not a proper sengoku. A real kick in the teeth of any Sengoku 1 and 2 fan.
Yeah, it was different. It wasn't a bad game though.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member

May not have been a proper Sengoku, I agree with that, but it was the best of the 3.

Sengoku 3 is so fucking badass.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
2 & 3 have always stood the test of time, IMO

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why is there no mention of this on the Playmore web site?

Ninja Masters is supposed to be the next Online Collection release afaik. Why would they farm this out to a third party? Doesn't make sense to me. If they're gonna release largely low key stuff like World Heroes and Kizuna then why release Sengoku through a third party?

A Super Sidekicks anthology would be much prefered :D

Really, Ninja Masters? Between NM and the Sengoku Anthology, this thread is like a dream. Never thought I'd be seeing Ninja Masters remade. Damn I love my PS2.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Really, Ninja Masters? Between NM and the Sengoku Anthology, this thread is like a dream. Never thought I'd be seeing Ninja Masters remade. Damn I love my PS2.

In the intro video to each of the online collections Ninja Masters is clearly shown as one of the releases for the collection. Whether SNK change their mind or not who knows... whether it sees the light of day in the US, who knows... There's been no mention of of the Sun Soft Collection yet, and I don't remember Garou get a US PS2 release, but I could be wrong.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Agreed, Sengoku 2 is tops. 3 was like a Final Fight clone.

EXACTLY. Kids could make sengoku 2001 using the beats of rages engine. And for that matter, Sengoku 2001 was only as good as Crisis Evil.

Maybe less.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Sengoku 3 was no Final Fight clone. Being that it was so new for a beat'em up, it had a more advanced combo system than in most similar games. For some people, that made the game stand out.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sengoku 3 was no Final Fight clone. Being that it was so new for a beat'em up, it had a more advanced combo system than in most similar games. For some people, that made the game stand out.

lol! advanced combo system? haha.

You know what this game suffers from?

Increased value over time has changed peoples' opinions of an otherwise boring game. Need I remind the board that when S2001 came out, people were so bored of fighting the same enemies over and over and over, that so much of the game was uninspired. No, it's no final fight clone - final fight was inspired. Streets of Rage was inspired. This Sengoku 2001 was just boring.

What Makes Sengoku 2 so good? The intro was bad ass, with the princess speaking to the heroes. Then the time travel idea, where the heroes fight what looked to be Nazis, to fighting on a bomber. The game was badass with the multiple transitions. And for 1993 it was a damn good game. Sengoku 2001 was not something good for 2001 though. Just a let down.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
May not have been a proper Sengoku, I agree with that, but it was the best of the 3.

Sengoku 3 is so fucking badass.

Thank you, I am tired of people bad mouthing sengoku 3. I fucking hated the first 2 with a passion

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Button mashing is not an advanced combo system.

Listen, Sengoku 3 is a decent game in of its self, but it doesn't belong in the same series as the first two. They should have named it Ninja Combat 2.

Last edited: