Phantom-1?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
My question is, will the new version of the Phantom-1(the on with wider contacts) work on any system regardless of how loose or tight the slots are? Even better, does anyone have the newer version that can tell me first hand about. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Chief

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Yes, the new blue revision will work 100% with every AES no matter how loose or tight the slots are. I do have one worry though, many people are saying that the Phantom can't run newer MVS releases such as MS3/4 and ROTD in MVS mode. Please say this isn't so. I need to have my unlimited continues!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
i hope the mvs convertor works with newer releases too!

gt6plus

Another Striker
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Earthquake:
<strong>Yes, the new blue revision will work 100% with every AES no matter how loose or tight the slots are. I do have one worry though, many people are saying that the Phantom can't run newer MVS releases such as MS3/4 and ROTD in MVS mode. Please say this isn't so. I need to have my unlimited continues!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I thought the Phantom 1 only played in AES mode. The only games I have ever had unlimited continues on is Strikers 45 and Blazing Star. Unless they changed something from the older black one to the new blue version.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'd love to find out more about the phantom. I've heard many contradicting things. I thought it was just a pin convertor from mvs to aes, but now im not sure. That and just how many releases are there?

Majin Geese

Crazed MVS Addict
Where can you find a phantom? Is it really worth what it cost's? Hmmm.... I like AES carts. Then again Im more of a collecter and player, then just a player.

~MG

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Just to clear things up, I meant to say that many people are saying that the Phantom can't run some newer games in MVS mode if you have the debug bios installed. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Neo Skier

Banned
Curious about the New Phantom-1....

How new is it?

I bought one just over a year ago and it doesn't like to work anymore, even after cleaning the contacts of it and a game. Is this the NEW ONE? I guess I might have to tighten the slots again? But my AES games fit very snug. Anyone else have suggestions?

Neo Skier

Banned
Meaning that I get a picture that is covered with sprites and lines. I also get sound muffled. I can never get it to work both with sound and with clean graphics. I guess my tight slots are not tight anymore.

daybona

Juz,
The newest phantom 1 boots up in home cart mode. Exact same gameplay as aes, just a hell of a lot cheaper.

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
Does it work with all carts? Im thinking about getting a homesystem cause standing up all the time is getting old. It would be nice playing in the livingroom but i heard the older one didnt work with the newer carts?

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
Yes, but not as comfy as my sofa. Besides, what kind of pussy would sit down at a cab? :D

It would be nice to be playing on a big screen for once. So do the later models support the newer games?