Any new Neo Geo Aes games comming out?

fsporsche

n00b
I was wondering if there were any new Neo Geo AES games comming out? Are there any 3rd party developers producing games for the system? Also any new stuff also being made for the Neo Geo CD?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Short answer: No. Last official game to be released was Samurai Shodown 5 Special. Someone made the NeoCD homebrew game, Last Hope at some point, though I don't know precisely when.

From a software support side, the Neo*Geo is a dead platform.

fsporsche

n00b
Thanks for the info.....I guess SNK Playmore ae not intrested in supporting any future game releases for the Neo Geo AES and CD system.....What a shame, its a awesome system.....

Deuce

Not really. The primary reason is because the games are too easily bootlegged, so developing new titles for the hardware is generally a losing proposition. As soon as a game is released, it's immediately dumped and bootleg copies make their way around the world.

fsporsche

n00b
Is there a homebrew community that makes games for the rest of the Neo Geo CD fans so they can download them and play them off the web?

Deuce

The only real homebrew title that I know of is Last Hope... and it's not available for free, so far as I'm aware.

SSS

neo retired
yes, neotropolis industries is releasing a limited run of 50 fun fun brothers. if you preorder you get a LE poster and a sandwich baggy containing FF3 roms.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Not really. The primary reason is because the games are too easily bootlegged, so developing new titles for the hardware is generally a losing proposition. As soon as a game is released, it's immediately dumped and bootleg copies make their way around the world.

Or in the case of their latest Nintendo DS game... a week before it's released.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i wonder if all the sacrificed FF3 games will cause the title to rise in value.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The last game released was Last Hope (about 60 copies on AES). There might be a second run of it, or ng:dev.team might release another game later on. maybe some of the unreleased games could appear as roms. There would probably have to be mvs games released again for an official AES game to be made. SNK is still supporting(repairing) the arcade hardware, and I think people are still making money from the MVS cabinets.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
It's really too bad pirates basically ruined the platform.

Could you imagine more new Neo-Geo games? :drool:

But then again, it would probably be just more iterations of Metal Slug, KOF and maybe Samurai Shodown.

Why not update gems like Last Blade?

Burnsro

Rugal's Thug

[url]http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dreamcast/2008/05/dux-new-dreamcast-shmup-game.html[/url] said:
HeavyMetalMe:What’s on the agenda for NG: Dev.Team and HUCAST.net after DUX? Will you continue making games for both NeoGeo and Dreamcast?

René: Indeed. With NG: DEV.TEAM a vertical scrolling shooter will be ready next year. With HUCAST.net I’m currently completely occupied with DUX so time will tell.

So basically there is going to be a vertically scrolling shooter made for the AES.