CART PROBLEM ?

I have a KOF 99 home cart that might have gone bad. The symptoms are blurred images during game play, player 2 image is blurred on character select screen, but player 1 images are normal. Other than that, the game still can play. Other games play just fine on my machine. Does anyone know what's wrong with it ?

I tried cleaning the contacts with a piece of paper, but it still didn't work. It really doesn't look any dirtier than my other carts.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
a piece of paper?

hell no, use some electrical contact cleaner, spray it on sparingly, with cart not upside down so it leaks thru, then clean gently with cotton bud..

you might be suprised how much dirt comes off

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
piece of paper? use a q-tip and some isoproypl alcohol.

Thanks for your suggestions ! I'll try cleaning it again with something better. I'm worried that one of the roms inside got burned, do you think that could be the case too ?

Cleber

Mickey's Coach
Originally posted by NeoGeoHeavenAngel:
<strong>I tried cleaning the contacts with a piece of paper, but it still didn't work. It really doesn't look any dirtier than my other carts.</strong><hr></blockquote>

use cotonete with a little little water,and after use another cotonete

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Clean the slot as well, dirty contacts in the slot will affect different carts in different ways.

<a href="http://www.hardmvs.com/html/slotCleaning.htm" target="_blank">http://www.hardmvs.com/html/slotCleaning.htm</a>

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Cleber:
<strong>

use cotonete with a little little water,and after use another cotonete</strong><hr></blockquote>

WATER?

I cleaned the contacts of the cart. and the slots with isopropyl alcohol and q-tips, and it still didn't help. What can I do next ?

I finally got it to work after poping out the boards in the cart, and sandpapered the contacts. I guess the contacts got oxidized over time, and got poor in conducting electricity.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by NeoGeoHeavenAngel:
<strong>I finally got it to work after poping out the boards in the cart, and sandpapered the contacts. I guess the contacts got oxidized over time, and got poor in conducting electricity.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yikes, I would have used contact cleaner that removed the oxidation, but hey can't argue with results right :rolleyes: Anyway, glad to hear it is fixed,

-Nick