Last Hope on Neo CD

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Does anyone know when Last Hope is going to be released (the 2nd lot of stock)? The website says July but it's getting towards the end of July now.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
I was wondering the same thing, their website hasn't had any updates about it either. I was in contact with ncsx.com and in an e-mail I was told that they would keep me posted.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
They changed it on the website to August 2008.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
I just ordered LAST HOPE for the DC of of ebay. it should be coming in a few days. Anyone have any thoughts on that version???

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
MVS = Never

I was kinda holding out for that too ..... but i finally gave up. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually somebody dumped it and started making bootlegs but who knows. Really it is amazing to me that the ROMS have stayed off the market for so long. NG DEV Team must have done something right i guess.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
MVS = Never

I was kinda holding out for that too ..... but i finally gave up. I wouldn't be surprised if eventually somebody dumped it and started making bootlegs but who knows. Really it is amazing to me that the ROMS have stayed off the market for so long. NG DEV Team must have done something right i guess.

If the game was any good it would have already been dumped. :p

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The NGCD version was dumped but the AES can't be since it has epoxy all over the chips. But you could probably use Kurtz's dev tools to change the output from CD to MVS.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
all forms of encryption = fail
glue in the cart = success

cracks me up

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
how does having epoxy all over the chips stop it getting dumped?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

I figure that its over the chips pins and solder joints. But even then it would still be dump-able.

But if I was a dumper, I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time on this cart. Especially if I have to get epoxy off of it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

It's all over the chips and some traces. You can still dump it after you rip it out but would you really want to ruin a cart that you shelled out that kind of money for?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I thought the carts could be dumped from the pcb connectors.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
Just got this for Dreamcast today and i have one thing to say ..... HARD. This game is unforgiving. I hope i have the chiops to dig further into it cause it is tough.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
By the way,
www.hucast.net is supposed to have Last Hope on Neo CD available.

They also are taking preorders for DUX if anyone is interested in that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's all over the chips and some traces. You can still dump it after you rip it out but would you really want to ruin a cart that you shelled out that kind of money for?

You could always reburn the chips, find a replacement PCB and VIOLA!....

If you wanted to make it authentic, you could even dump a bunch of Epoxy all over your new pcb..

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Doesn't it use FF3 boards? How much do those carts go for?

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
As for carts XX, I have no idea sadly. The cd's seem to go for around $90-120. I've never even seen any pics for the AES... rumor is only about 50 or so exist. Probably FF3 sacrificial carts (sounds familiar). I was interested in this cd months ago and since the company has never updated me with info, fuck'em. I won't go out of my way to buy it anyway. (as I drink my whiskey and coke):smirk:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya I kept hounding them for an MVS release and they know there is some demand for it. Once thing is dumped I'm making one myself.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I've never even seen any pics for the AES... rumor is only about 50 or so exist.
I think they had a photo of the aes cart, manual & case on their website at one stage.
They should update their website more often. I've signed up for the mailing list but still haven't gotten any messages.
They have released the second lot of neo cd last hope, so that's good.