Anyone excited about the Samurai Spirits anthology?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Kind of came out of the blue, it's coming out on the 24th July.

I really do hope this release reflects the quality of say the Fatal Fury battle archives volumes.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
It should.

It is being done by SNKP Japan unlike that horrible SNK Classics which was handled by SNKP USA.

:rolleyes:

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Kind of came out of the blue, it's coming out on the 24th July.

I really do hope this release reflects the quality of say the Fatal Fury battle archives volumes.

Out of the blue? This shit was announced more than two years ago!

Oft-delayed, forgotten (by many)...maybe. Long overdue, abso-fucking-lutely.
I'm going to play this into the ground this weekend, until my fingers are worn out little stumps that resemble the cast from Time Bandits.

presicion25

Rugal's Thug
Out of the blue? This shit was announced more than two years ago!

Oft-delayed, forgotten (by many)...maybe. Long overdue, abso-fucking-lutely.
I'm going to play this into the ground this weekend, until my fingers are worn out little stumps that resemble the cast from Time Bandits.

:lolz:

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
And when I wins my first round, you'll have your grandfather come on dressed as a fireman and give a wink to the defeated player. Just to confuse them as much as Sean Connery's cameo.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Holy shit this is news to me.

The 24th you say? That means we'll be getting it here in Canada right?

It's aboot fucking time.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Holy shit this is news to me.

The 24th you say? That means we'll be getting it here in Canada right?

It's aboot fucking time.

This is news to me too, I thought it wasn't coming out until September here in the States.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
This is news to me too, I thought it wasn't coming out until September here in the States.

Um, this date is for the Japanese release.
I have no clue when it arrives stateside, nor do I have any faith Playmore release dates. Neither should anyone else.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Oh.....

Well then, in response to the original question my answer is "no".

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Um, this date is for the Japanese release.
I have no clue when it arrives stateside, nor do I have any faith Playmore release dates. Neither should anyone else.

Well, I do have a modded PS2, so I wouldn't mind getting the Japanese release if it has an English option, a la Last Blade I & II Compendium. I know Garou didn't and those are the only two import versions I've played, so I'm a little weary of buying the Japanese version. I need Inglés!

When you buy it, please let me know if it does in fact let you switch the language to English.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Well, I do have a modded PS2, so I wouldn't mind getting the Japanese release if it has an English option, a la Last Blade I & II Compendium. I know Garou didn't and those are the only two import versions I've played, so I'm a little weary of buying the Japanese version. I need Inglés!

When you buy it, please let me know if it does in fact let you switch the language to English.

Well, Garoudensetsu Battle Archives 2 has the English option, and so did AoF, so I'm inclined to believe it will, but I will be posting my impressions of it regardless. Me and ChunkyLover should be getting ours by Thurs/Fri courtesy of NCS.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Well, Garoudensetsu Battle Archives 2 has the English option, and so did AoF, so I'm inclined to believe it will, but I will be posting my impressions of it regardless. Me and ChunkyLover should be getting ours by Thurs/Fri courtesy of NCS.

Cool, can't wait to hear about it! If it's good I'll get the JP version so I can really veg out in front of the TV for the rest of the summer. :emb:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Getting a release from SNK-P is like ordering shit off the back of a cereal box when you were a kid..

You got all excited..
Then you waited.
and waited...
and waited..
then the 6th (of the 6-10) week came...
Nada..
10 weeks.
Nothing...
Then you forgot all about it...
And one day it was just there.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Even the KOF Orochi collection has an english language setting. I would assume that this would as well. Even if it doesnt it's not a real problem.

I'm really looking forward to this. I still haven't had a go at SS6 which looks amusing enough.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
If the import winds up having an English option, I really will have to get off my duff and start picking up this and some of the others mentioned as well.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
IGN has some impressions of the US version up. They state outright that it does include SS5 Special (which the Japanese version does not).

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/892/892865p1.html

If those pics are legitimately of the US PS2 version, then blood appears intact.