Connecting a console to a MVS cab?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Hello,

I just got a PC Engine LT w/ Cd-rom2 and now what do I want to do?

Well you guessed it I would like to connect my PC Engine to the MVS cab and play on the big screen :D

2 solutions:
- Total PnP: having the PC Engine displayed on the Cab screen and use the Cab sticks and buttons as controlers.
- Using the cab screen as display but using the original pads from the console to play (Not as good).

I have no knowledge of electronics whatsoever, does anyone know if any of the two is possible?
If so can someone tell me how i could do it?

Thank you!

Nomax

Kula's Candy
mmm...

These guys sell some hardware to use your PC with your cab, but it's PC only: <a href="http://www.ultimarc.com/" target="_blank">Ultimarc</a>

But for the PC-Engine, it's different.
You'll have to build a custom adapter for the joypad-to-cab controls conversion since no one exist. Finding wiring diagram for PC-Engine joypad shouldn't be too hard on the net.

For the screen, it's another prob! "Maybe" by having a cable that goes out of your console with separated Red, Green and Blue signals and connecting them to the corresponding Jamma RGB wires. Frequency shouldn't be a problem since arcade monitors handle both 50 and 60 Hz. But use this info with caution!

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, both are possible, but you really need a bit of electronical skills.

I'm no expert in video, but I'd say that if the PCE outputs RGB, it should be pretty straightforward to hook it in the RGB monitor of your cab, as long as you respect the pin-outs. Check <a href="http://www.gamesx.com" target="_blank">www.gamesx.com</a> for related info.

I know more about controllers, and definately I know how to make the controls of your cab work in the PCE, you just need to sacrifice a PCE controller by hacking it to act as a bridge between the arcade controls and the PCE. Check my sticky controller links thread.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
I am afraid I would be real bad at anything involving electronic,solering or any of these words which are unknown to my kind (the office boy).

Does anyone make such a connector - even if it is just to connect the PC-Engine to the screen-?

Seriously, soldering isn't so bad. It's not more complicated than just applying solder to the iron and tapping the intersection of wire and circuit board you want to join...if you find the pinout for a tg-16, the rest is just mindlessly following directions. You could even fiddle around with it and find the pinouts yourself, once you got a jamma fingerboard from Bob roberts (they come pre-assembled on one end and they're only $10).

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Depending on the monitor in your cab ou might need to run the sync signal from the console through an lm1881 sync separator to separate vertical and horizontal sync. It's best to use this component anyways as you can then make it jamma or mvs standard complete with a fingerboard or something along those lines. ^^ See the sticky threads about control modifications for info about the controllers. You will need to sacrifice two PCE controls as I think they use signal compression.

Regarding RGB output it's bound to have it, not separate jacks for r,g,b and synch though. All consoles have RGB at some point in them and it wouldn't be that hard to find the correct places to tap RGB from. Theres bound to be some RGB mod faqs out there somewhere if it doesn't suport RGB straight out of the box.

<small>[ September 09, 2003, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Pingu ]</small>