Metal Slug 7's troubled start

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
The game is, well, was, planned to be released on the 17th. However, several copies of the game were leaked into the public on the 11th. Heck, there were even two copies up for sale on eBay as Buy-It-Now, and not pre-order. Now, I have no idea if this was a SNAFU by SNK Playmore or the retailers, but I'm willing to bet on the latter.

So, with the copies being leaked out into the open six full days ahead of the official release date, the ROM of the game has been ripped and distributed exactly a day after.

This was probably one of the most, if not the most, title that SNK Playmore had up their sleeves. For that matter, I find the situation hilariously sad.

On a side note; here is the soundtrack from the game that I've managed to extract. If you were hoping if Hiyamoto would have had any part in the soundtracks, sorry to crush your bleak, dimming and utterly senseless hopes since Toshikazu Tanaka is back for this one.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So whats the word on the street for those who have played the ROM?

Is it any good?

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
So whats the word on the street for those who have played the ROM?

Is it any good?

It's good, really, for something that's meant for a handheld. The major setback for the game is the crushed up sprites delivered in small resolution displayed on tiny screens, but the fun factor is much higher than the last two Metal Slug titles that SNKP came out with.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The music is apparently stereo, unlike the last two for the Neo. The sampling rate sounds about as good on the DS, maybe a little scratchier.

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Who's Hiyamoto and Tanaka?

Hiyamoto went by Hiya!. He worked on the soundtracks of the original Metal Slug games, from 1 to 3. After SNK went down the shit's creek, he literally disappeared without a trace.

Tanaka is responsible for creating the soundtracks of Metal Slug 4, 5, 3D and 7.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I want to play this, but I have no interest in turning on my DS.

or spending money on a game for it, last title I bought was Mario Kart DS and I played it for one day.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Some of the bosses look cool, but the level design seems kind of bland. I'll buy it, but can't say I'll play it for long.

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I'll buy MS 7, but where the hell is Metroid V? I figured the whole Metroid Dread thing would have come to fruition by now and we'd all be playing the REAL next installment of the series on the DS.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
The music is apparently stereo, unlike the last two for the Neo. The sampling rate sounds about as good on the DS, maybe a little scratchier.

UUnless you have good dj headphones. I would say actually awesome compared too the other six.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I want to play this, but I have no interest in turning on my DS.

or spending money on a game for it, last title I bought was Mario Kart DS and I played it for one day.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Have a DS sat here, but we don't touch it. Just waiting to put it up for auction if I can be arsed.

Maybe I'll just trade it in for Siren and the PS2 Samurai collection in a week or so.

Josh

Banned
The weird thing is, is that the actual game play doesn't look like the native platform should be the DS as it looks scaled down quite a bit. Similar to playing NEO roms on the DS. Here's hopin' for a home release with updated backgrounds! :annoyed:

HedgeCorp

n00b
Hiyamoto went by Hiya!. He worked on the soundtracks of the original Metal Slug games, from 1 to 3. After SNK went down the shit's creek, he literally disappeared without a trace.

Just like all the others that actually had any skill.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
It's okay so far..... I expected more, but it probably isn't fair becuase It ain't going to be as good as the neo......

I never played 6, so after finally playing as clark and ralf and their specials seems so lame.....? Not as cool as I thought they would be.

So far I liked contra 4 much more.

kroko^unleashed

Rugal's Thug
The weird thing is, is that the actual game play doesn't look like the native platform should be the DS as it looks scaled down quite a bit. Similar to playing NEO roms on the DS. Here's hopin' for a home release with updated backgrounds! :annoyed:

i hope, but i dont think so. Im getting it at end of the month then.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
slug 7 is way better than I expected, it's defiantly a safe buy.

some of the best graphics on the DS no joke.

Neogeofan12

Banned

If he's the same Hiya! during the Irem arcade days then he also done the soundtracks on Gallop/Cosmic Cop, and Undercover Cops. Both of these games had some killer soundtracks.

I'm just going to wait until it comes out on in the US. Will have a cheaper price.

NeoGeoff

n00b
Is there any violence in it? I see it is Rated T, but so was Metal Slug Advance, and it did not have any blood.