super neo candy 29" LCD...what's it good for?

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm getting a snc 29" from arcade-infinity and I'm just wondering what I should do with that LCD. I've got a 2-slot MVS going into the machine, is there any way to have anything other than a blank screen there?

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I would just leave it in there and admire the coolness factor of it being there to begin with.

Maybe you could run a pc on it ?

How cool would it be to have neo-geo.com running up there while playing Samsho or Slug ?

B

BustaWolf

L

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: BustaWolf ]

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: BustaWolf ]</p>

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Just my ignorance speaking here. Is the secondary monitor only functional with a hyper board's secodary video out (I think it has one at least)? I thought the LCD screen ran off the same feed as the main monitor. Is this not the case?

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Originally posted by RyoGeo:
<strong>Just my ignorance speaking here. Is the secondary monitor only functional with a hyper board's secodary video out (I think it has one at least)? I thought the LCD screen ran off the same feed as the main monitor. Is this not the case?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have no idea!! If anyone has a site that explains the harware side of this I'd love to read it. I just know they come with one, and it was designed for the hyper64 board. I was kinda hoping someone here knew how to hook it up as a second monitor or maybe there's something else someone has done with it? I saw the pics on the arcade-infinity site and it looks like they have regular neo games playing, and the screen showing...something...japanese?

Anyway, I don't know what to do with it, that's what this thread is all about.

maybe in general discussion someone who has one would notice it?

Originally posted by m_bish0p:
<strong>

I have no idea!! If anyone has a site that explains the harware side of this I'd love to read it. I just know they come with one, and it was designed for the hyper64 board. I was kinda hoping someone here knew how to hook it up as a second monitor or maybe there's something else someone has done with it? I saw the pics on the arcade-infinity site and it looks like they have regular neo games playing, and the screen showing...something...japanese?

Anyway, I don't know what to do with it, that's what this thread is all about.

maybe in general discussion someone who has one would notice it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I've got that cab with a MVS board in it and it just shows what's going on in the main screen. There are switches you can flip that I believe switch it so that it shows the opponent's camera feed (provided you have 2 wired together). The picture is actually better than the main screen, aside from having a bit too much contrast...I was kicking around the idea of getting a GBA and attaching it to the LCD, but I don't really like that system :) . Oh, and I have yet to get around to stereo modding the thing (it's straight Jamma, despite having 2 speakers).