Help :o) WITH/WITHOUT

xxxTDBxxx

n00b
I have 4 games in my MVS right now and each one has as at least one option that says "WITH" or "WITHOUT" as the choices in the soft dip settings, but I have no idea what 'with' or 'without' mean :o) Any help? I know it's in KOF98 and SS4, for example. Thanks :o)

T

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
In the SOFT DIP You'll have two columns. like

DEMO SOUND WITH -OR- DEMO SOUND WITHOUT

What this is basically asking you is if you would like to display previews of the game before you play with -or- without sound.

HOW TO PLAY WITH -OR- WITHOUT
The above means would you like the game to show the player how to use the controls affectively or assume you already know how to play and don't show you.

CREDIT DISP WITH -OR- WITHOUT

The above means would you like the credit display shown (how many plays available)on the screen -or- not.

and so on....
-BB

[This message has been edited by BIG BEAR (edited April 16, 2001).]

xxxTDBxxx

n00b
Your a good man Big Bear. Thank you. Some of them don't make any sense with that explanation still, but if they confuse me more I'll post again :o) Thanks

T

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yeah.After I read it,I kinda confused myself soi I edited it abit.
Please ask away,I'll try to do my best to help you.
-BB

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Some other ones you'll see are 'Cruel Fight,' 'Disp Cut,' 'Level Disp,' 'CONTINUE,' etc.

I think the 'Cruel Fight' one is only in the Last Blade games? That changes whether or not you can perform those bloody finishing slashes.

Continue just sets how many times, if at all, you will be allowed to continue before automatically being given a game over.

Disp Cut=Disply Cutscenes, sometimes this will be listed as Demo-something or other. It changes whether or not between fight/level cutscenes/dialogue will be displayed.

Level Disp just adds or removes that front layer graphic displaying the difficulty level (that "Level-#" that shows up on the bottom of the screen while you play).

I'm too tired to think of anymore offhand, but if you list others that you don't know the meaning of I'm sure myself, Big Bear, or anyone else on here will be glad to help you ^_^.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
This one is a little off the topic, but does anyone know what the Flash (With or Without) setting does? It is normally set to With but setting it to Without does not seem to change anything. Games this is on that I know of:

LB2
MOTW

Probably others, I can't remember.

-Nick

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I forget what it's for
frown.gif

I THINK it has something to do with the flash, crackle, and pop effects that happen when you KO someone but I'm really not sure.

Edit...
Big Bear: Your av is showing up as a broken image all of a sudden, it's probably just something with my browser though o_O;

[This message has been edited by Neo Rasa (edited April 16, 2001).]

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, I think flash does have something to do with a flash right before a KO, or during a Super, etc. Next time I play an MVS game with that option, I'll try turning it on and off to see if I notice the difference.

I guess they have that option in case you're afraid you'll get a seizure from the sudden flash or something.
smile.gif

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I'm pretty sure of that too. I'm sure BIG BEAR will set this all straight when he checks this again.
smile.gif