re wireing jamma harness in mvs cab

• Thread starter DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
  • Start date
D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

im wanting to put a new jamma harness wires etc in my neo 25 jap cab..but theres so many damn wires going everywhere i dont know where to start....

also id like to put in new buttons and joysticks...i noticed it looks as if a special tool is needed to remove the seals around the buttons and sticks...
can anyone give me some guidence on this shit?

bwi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL:
im wanting to put a new jamma harness wires etc in my neo 25 jap cab..but theres so many damn wires going everywhere i dont know where to start....

also id like to put in new buttons and joysticks...i noticed it looks as if a special tool is needed to remove the seals around the buttons and sticks...

Why do you want to rewire the cab and what new buttons do you want to add?

Bri

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
EXPLAIN EXACT MODEL NAME IN DETAIL

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

i bought one of those jap neo 25 cabs off that guy on ebay...and one day one of the connections at the base of the harness got snapped off ,so i had to do a shit modifiy on it to get it to work properly again...i just want to put in a new main connetion harness really....

Lord Akidadus

Fio's Quartermaster
If your thinking about putting up an entire new jamma harness that is some work bud. You have to get the pinouts for the board and connect them to the proper button/powersupply/monitor. If your wanting to put in brand new buttons that is not that hard, just make sure that the push buttons will fit into the holes made in your cabinet. You dont need a special tool if they have connectors on them, just simply pull off the connectors with your fingers and put them on a the push button you want to use. One is the ground and the other is the correct wire that plugs into the jamma harness.

www.dr-games.com

Lord Akidadus

Fio's Quartermaster
Also,

The joysticks are usually held by a clip. Just remove the clip and the joystick pops out. Depending on if it is a 4 or 8 way joystick, you can either use the same mount, or you can use another mount. I recommend ultimate joysticks, they are the best in my opinion
smile.gif
I think the original Neo Geo uses Super Joysticks, you can pick these up at happ controls.

www.happcontrols.com

bwi

20 Year Member
You can buy the 56pin edge connectors for about $7 take your time desoldering and you cant go wrong.

Bri

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL:

Can you take any pics of the area where you believe a special tool might be required?

My 2 Slot SNK cab was really simple to reply the buttons and the joysticks, all I needed to do was flip open the control panel....

The Jamma connectior is a pain to replace, but it is just tedious work, not very hard. You can get a nice harness from Video Connection for around $30 with all of the connectors at the ends of the wires, instead of just bare wires, I think they call it their Super Jamma Harness, been a while.

Happ Controls might also have some stuff too, you will want to get their cherry buttons and micro switch sticks, they are the ones I like the best.

I need to rewire my cab also because SNK was lazy and did not wire up the full harness, so I can' use the cab for JAMMA games...
frown.gif