Only partial sound coming from 2 slot?

skforty

n00b
Hello,

first off im new to these forums, so hello! :)

Secondly, i just got a 2 slot off ebay, I hooked it up, and I at first i thought i wasnt getting ANY sound. The neo intro had no audio and no "credit" noise. The game i was using was Samura shodown, but then on the "how to play" part, the sword slashes produced sound. i tried putting in Real Bout Special, and only the voice would come through. The, "hows it going dude" announcer could be heard, but nothing else.

I have 2 other 2 slots that i use, that work great, as well as the games. So im sure my setup and games are correct.

Also, the hardware test produces no audio when i try "LEFT" "RIGHT" or "CENTER"

I tried using the headphones on the 2slot, but its the exact same as through the speakers.

the weird part about this, is it seems like the amp must be fine if i get some audio, even though its odd sound channels. It doesnt feel like its a bad cap or anything, because the sound is the same from the headphones, but maybe my logic is false.

Has anyone heard of this before? Anyone know how to fix this or something i could try to further narrow down the problem?

Any and all help is appreciated!!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
That's a strange one I haven't seen before. Not 100% sure off the top of my head where that problem will be as I don't have a data sheet for a YM2610.

It's not going to be an issue in the interface between the 2610 and the cartridge since you have a problem with the BIOS generated sounds - the beep test for the audio.

RJ

skforty

n00b
hmmm, yeah. Do you think swapping out the YM2610 would fix it, or wasted effort? and or replacing the caps?

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
If it were me, I'd take my logic probe (it has audio output) and check the DAC chip's output to see if the self test beeps are being output there.

If they are then replace the caps in the audio section.

If not, replace the 2610.