I'm not a tech-smart person, would owning a Neo Candy cab be difficult?

Happy Meal

n00b
OK, I'd really love one of those cabs from arcade-infinity, but I'm not that smart. So would I have to be an arcade tech master to be able to deal with a cab? I mean, If I ordered a cab from arcade-infinity, all I would need is a 1-slot MVS board and some MVS carts to go along with it right? Doesn't a 1-slot just plug right into the cab's Jamma harness? Sorry for all the questions.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Happy Meal:
<strong>If I ordered a cab from arcade-infinity, all I would need is a 1-slot MVS board and some MVS carts to go along with it right? Doesn't a 1-slot just plug right into the cab's Jamma harness?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It depends on whether the cab is wired for Jamma or MVS: if it's Jamma then it's ready for a 1-slot, if it's MVS you either get a multi-slot or rewire the harness where appropriate (not much, just the sound and test pins: see <a href="http://www.hardmvs.com" target="_blank">www.hardmvs.com</a> for the schemes).

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
There is really little concern for a non-tech minded person. Actually you may learn a little about basic wiring thanks to having a cab. There is very little that goes wrong, and you can always call out for help if you need stuff done.

Basicly get a cab that is wired for MVS if you are going to be playing MVS stuff. There are differences (although slight) from the JAMMA standard, and if you are not comfortable wiring and installing buttons and redoing speaker settings, then I would just get one prewired for MVS at this time. Later on, you may want to learn how to convert it to JAMMA or learn how to modify it.

Just dive in, you shouldn't have a ton of problems getting up to speed, and if you ever need help, this place is a great place to get it.

-Nick

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Nruva is right on the money , but personally I would rather have a Jamma cabinet than MVS since there is no hassles if you want to run other PCB's in the cab.

There are Candy cabs out there that are Jamma from the factory , but the majority are MVS.

As far as upkeep there isnt anything there a 10 year old couldnt fix , so long as the kid can read ?

Go for it , there is nothing like sitting down with the real thing !