Hi from a new member - looking for shmups

R

reliveretro

Hi all,

this is the first time I hvae posted on this forum. I've been into computer games since my trusty MSX1, followed by an IBM, then SNES, N64, PS2, PSP and PS3. I spent a fair amount of time as a youth on the MSX and a mates Amiga, Atari ST and master system...ohhh and a C64 (where I learned that my poor MSX1 was no match :-().

Anyway, I've always been into games, amoungst other things and have always said to myself that one day I would get a NEO GEO. I had a friend back in school who had one when we were still mucking around with much more affordable products! Suffice to say, I bought one the other day and eagerly await it in the mail.

So, with the new arrival around the corner, I am keen to add a shmup to the collection.

I'd like to ask for some guidance on up to date pricing if I could, as the prices are all over the shop.

Specifically I am interested in obtaining a copy of:

blazing star
Pulstar

I am not looking for unopend minty fresh as I plan to play it. On the other hand, I like my manuals and cases complete and in excellent condition. I would say I am looking for 8-9 out of 10.

I also appreciate I have chosen some of the most expensive titles to search for, but I bought the Neo specifically for these games and plan to keep them pretty much forever (I tend to hand onto my stuff).

So if anyone can guide me on pricing, or better yet direct me to a copy for sale that would be great. I'll pop this up in the 'Wanted' section as well.

Until then, look forward to keeping an eye on this site.

PS, got the SNK pack on the PSP the other day, pretty darn good, but I gotta say, theres nothing worse than playing last resort on a PSP nub! Talk about increasing the difficulty!

Cheers
Mike

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
I'd like to ask for some guidance on up to date pricing if I could, as the prices are all over the shop.

The price guide actually is still pretty good. There are a few that are off a bit, but it's good as a rough guide.

Specifically I am interested in obtaining a copy of:

blazing star
Pulstar

~$550 each.

The last copies on ebay of both these games sold for this amount.

Buy a consolized MVS and save yourself hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Stay away from the MVS converter and stay away from converted carts. If any of this terminology is foreign to you, use the search function to find a lot of good information.

If you really want to buy an AES STG, pick up Last Resort which is AWESOME (I like it more than Blazing Star and Pulstar) and not outrageously priced (somewhere just over $100).

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The best shooters are Last Resort, Pulstar, and Blazing Star. Also the Aero Fighters games are good.
Alpha Mission 2 is also cheap but it's very average.

Darkneo

Morden's Lackey
Hi There :)

Yeah! the Aero Fighters 2 & 3 are pretty good Pulstar is not bad game either.

Nice to see another Aussie on the Forums.:buttrock: