Fair price for cart system, used

G

gokusama26

I'm looking to buy another backup cart system(not from boards), but I'm wondering what the fair market value is for a used system. I don't want to take a bath to get a backup, so any info is appreciated.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
For a complete boxed system with 2 sticks, I'd go $295. Unboxed $245. I've seen them going on eBay for less than that.

Ryan

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
wow, I never seen NEO system complete with box and 2 joystick for less than $350....
smile.gif

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
I sold a complete set for $270 last week... I paid $295 for my "getting back into Neo" boxed set 2 months ago. The prices shown are very good Id Say $200-250 for no box $300+ for with a box. Games also have to do with the value. If you can score a system with 8 or 9 games for $400... you can sell the games you dont want and actually end up with a free system.

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
Just bought an American system with 2 joysticks (old style), one of which was completely new as far as I could tell and was still in box! The system was used of course. It cost me $270 appr. (600 Dutch guilders)

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I got my US Neo Geo system about two month ago on ebay for $200. It didn't come w/ a box, but all the hookups and a old style arcade joystick was included. The system was in near mint condition. No scratches
smile.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I just checked at ebay, and the price did increase somewhat. I also bid & won a auction for another SS2 homecart. Why did I do that? It doesn't even have a manual. It had less than 1 minute left, so I skipped the details...I am an ididot. Thanks, Pedu
wink.gif

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
I have bought 3 lots of Neo Geo systems and games w/in 5 months.
Neo Geo Gold w/ 10 games--$600
Neo Geo Gold w/ 7 games--$320
Neo Geo Gold w/ 8 games--$600<<had MS2
So buy in a lot form, because you will get a better deal.

S

Silent_Scope

I've seen lots rich people around here.
What do you guys do with those extra consoles? Investment or what? Don't tell me that Neo becomes another way to invest the money after you lose money in stock market. Well...........hmmm...........

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

Check around, it should be easy to find a SS2 manual. SS2 is one of the most frequently converted carts so loose manuals should be available.

Brent

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
I just checked at ebay, and the price did increase somewhat. I also bid & won a auction for another SS2 homecart. Why did I do that? It doesn't even have a manual. It had less than 1 minute left, so I skipped the details...I am an ididot. Thanks, Pedu
wink.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by brentsg:
Check around, it should be easy to find a SS2 manual. SS2 is one of the most frequently converted carts so loose manuals should be available.

Brent

Thanks. But I already have a complete SS2, so I have no need to look for the manual for the game. I will probably either sell it, or use it for conversion.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"