Strange video problem with Strikers 1999

XYXZYZ

New Challenger
Okay, I have a Z-back cabinet with vertical monitor. When I plug my Strikers 1999 board into it, the graphics are messed up, like the horizontal sync is out. But when I plug that board into 3 other cabinets, (One of them an MVS) it works just fine. So, apparently I have some problem with the monitor.

But, I've plugged three other boards into that cabinet, they all work fine. It's only Strikers 1999 that has the messed up video, and only in that cabinet.

At first I figured maybe Strikers 1999 has some funky -5V shit that the other boards don't use,. but that pin doesn't seem to go anywhere. I measured the voltages, at first I was reading a volt or two below what they were supposed to be, so I switched the game off and adjusted the little knob on the power supply, now I'm reading slightly above the correct levels. (+12.05, +5.07, -5.02)

Anyway, that didn't seem to solve anything. Any ideas?

laugh

n00b
It sounds like a H-hold issue. Did you try adjusting the H-hold knob for the monitor? Try the V-hold as well.

XYXZYZ

New Challenger
Yeah, it was the H hold. I didn't check it because all the other boards worked so well... isn't that funny?:conf:

Thanks Laugh, the problem is fixed now.