What Is the strangest Neo Geo game

My opion is waku waku 7 why I am sure you Know why Simple how many games do you get to play as charters named dandy j and bonus kun. Not that the game is Bad infact I thinks it is one of the best games on the NEO.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Capt Tomaday! never played it but it seems like pop'em twinbee so i think i know what its like. But its still a flying tomado

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
opps, 1st double post ever

[This message has been edited by DIY (edited October 14, 2000).]

Lightning

n00b
All of the Mahjong games are have a strange twisted Japanese humour, but particually one called Mahjong Minashanno. Whats even stranger is that I've just bought the game.

Lighty...

JRock917

, ,
how about quiz king of fighters? I have never played it, but the concept does seem odd, but then again, so many of the concepts for neo titles are odd that end up being just plain fun.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I guess we can include CD games also. If so I would have to say Zintrix. It is one of the weirdest Puzzle game I have seen with the way you play sideways and float around on a platform.

Note on the quiz games. Actually If I remember right there used to be a law in japan where after so many games you had to make a educational game. Which is why you have the quiz detectives, chibi M quiz and Quiz KOF. I am not sure if that law is still in effect though since there has not been a educational title for the neo since Quiz KOF. How many quiz games do you know where you get to punch people when you answer a question right
smile.gif

JRock917

, ,
I had no idea they ever has such a law in Japan; that is interesting that they would force companies to provide edutainment, but then again, when you consider how many people in Japan play games I guess it makes sense.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Nominally I would say Minasan, but I feel more like giving my vote to 2020 Super Baseball. Robots & girls playing baseball with slightly warped rules of mines in the outfield, different "zones" etc. it also seemed to me that there were more than nine fielders out at any one time. Anyhow it made for one damn weird playing experience. Otherwise I would say Gururin: Strange & boring. I have yet to play Waku Waku 7 though, even on NeoRAGEx.

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
For strangest Neo game it would have to go to Sam Sho 3.

Dam strange feeling game with strange silent music, sounds, charaters, and a extra low energy meter that makes kof95 seems never ending in a match.

N

NGPSkinhead

Super Dodge Ball and Blue's Journey

Who ever thought out dodgeball games. BJ is completly diffrent from most NG games

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Stakes Winner 2...Horse racing with "power-ups"???????

Twinkle Start Sprites is weird too... but it's just too cool.
biggrin.gif

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Savage reign. Players look weird (except the girl), and they play weird. I am glad that I sold it. I may get its sequel though. Kizuna Encounter looks cool
smile.gif

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
"Chibi Marokuchan Deluxe Quiz" gets my vote for the most whacked out Neo-Geo title. It and all of the other "quiz" games seem totally out of place on an arcade system such as the Neo-Geo.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I cast my vote for Aggressors of Dark Kombat. Some of the moves in that game (i.e. that heart break move) were downright strange. The game still gives me nightmares today!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
What Is the strangest Neo Geo game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My opion is waku waku 7 why I am sure you Know why Simple how many games do you get to play as charters named dandy j and bonus kun. Not that the game is Bad infact I thinks it is one of the best games on the NEO.

Captain Tomaday

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
This thread is friggin' 8 years old dude.

STOP SPAMMING! :shame:

Hypnos

War Room Troll
I think that Voltage Fighters Gowcaizer and Waku Waku 7...

Fighting games so unknow...

Kabuki Klash too and Ragnagard...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Asidefrom the cross dressing there isn't much more to it, but I still get a kick out of it.

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
The Super Spy, imo!

That game rules, though.

(See you guys in 2016 when some random noob starts spamming this thread again :))

Shady994

n00b
Matrimelee. The guy in the dog costume, and the old guy's fart move.

That is not the product of a healthy mind.