Neo Bomberman authentic US/UK label?

It's been said that there was no US MVS release of Neo Bomber Man, but I have seen this label on several Neo Bomber Man MVS carts. It looks authentic to me. Is it Korean or European or something?

neobomberman.jpg

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was gonna ask the same question after seeing 2 of these on eBay - prolly I reckon a Korean label along the lines of Salubi Spirits etc?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hmmm.

Are the boards real?

I don't know..:confused: I had a Neo Bomberman with a label like that(not as clean) but the cart was a boot(I've been through a lot of bombermans:mad: )..So I assumed the whole thing was a boot with well done repro label>Because as far as I "knew" the cart only came with a Japanese label.......

I have a printed out Bomberman Mini Marquee in "English'..and one in Japanese for my Japanese Neo Bomberman cart...I have no clue how the mini marquee got to be in english> if there are no English labeled,artwork or mini marquees made for an english/European version of this game..Or was there?

Maybe?Since is NA

http://www.hardmvs.com/labels/labelDetail.php?recordID=93

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
The same label on a cart from France:

4ffd_1.jpg

Thought the same as you C - that there's only a Japanese release - always weirded me out though - no matter what region bios I've got running on my MVS (other than Japanese) the text in the game comes up Spanish?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
im looking at the same label on a boot i was given awhile back

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
So what's with the Spanish in-game text? Originally popped in there for release and just left, or did they release it Euro/S. America?

laugh

n00b
It could be Korean. ALL Neo Bomberman carts in Korea have that label, boot or not.

laugh

n00b
Also, I'd like to add that the master list is not complete, it's THE MOST complete list on the internet probably, but it's not 100%. A lot of Korean releases aren't documented (mostly due to lack of info) in the list. There are localized Korean versions of some quiz games that came out in MVS forms, and Korea's also had releases of games previously thought to be Japan-only.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
laugh said:
Also, I'd like to add that the master list is not complete, it's THE MOST complete list on the internet probably, but it's not 100%. A lot of Korean releases aren't documented (mostly due to lack of info) in the list. There are localized Korean versions of some quiz games that came out in MVS forms, and Korea's also had releases of games previously thought to be Japan-only.

Hmm..

That's some great info,thanks..

Could you help to complete/add to the Master List ..the non documented Korean releases ..

I'm not sure who does the master list but more info for it would be great..

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've seen that label a lot too.

The master list also misspells "Ultra Denryuu Irairabou". I mean, what the hell is "Iararabou"? The mistake has been propagated all over the Net by now.

laugh

n00b
chris1 said:
Hmm..

That's some great info,thanks..

Could you help to complete/add to the Master List ..the non documented Korean releases ..

I'm not sure who does the master list but more info for it would be great..
No problem. It's no good keeping it to myself.

Right now, I'll just list some games that hasn't been documented about nor dumped.

*Quiz King of Fighters - only a few location test MVS carts were made, fully Korean, translated and programmed with localized Korean questions by Viccom in 1996 (I own a cart myself)

*Quiz Sarip Tamjung (Quiz Daisousa Sen) - Also fully translated and localized in Korean by Viccom in 1995. Seems to have been released semi-wide, but I'm guessing it wasn't massively produced based on its rarity. (I'm still on a look out for a cart for this one)

*Ninja Masters - This game was only available as income test carts in Korea. Not localized.

Here's a link to a post on a Korean neo community, that shows carts the fully localized games as well as in-game captures.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
The same label on a cart from France:

4ffd_1.jpg

Thought the same as you C - that there's only a Japanese release - always weirded me out though - no matter what region bios I've got running on my MVS (other than Japanese) the text in the game comes up Spanish?

I've had a 100% boot with that label. If it was a true Korean English label, I'd think it would say "Made in Korea" on it, not Made in Japan. The Korean Last Blade 1 & 2 carts are the only Korean carts that are made in Japan, to my knowledge.

Until I see a complete kit with that label, I'm writing it off as a fake.

Last edited:

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Couldn't upload picture so please use this link to flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7982338@N07/7741773736/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7982338@N07/7741776460/in/photostream/

Because I cannot find any information on this, any insights would be great.

The label does look convincing, but so does Xian Xi's... :D

As for the Mini Marquee, look at the line across the top... now that is certainly not square and something that SNK would ever release.... definitely a bootleg i'm afraid.

7741776460_227344eec8.jpg

Last edited:

lowerlevels

Not-so-Bashful Neophyte,
Thank you for your thoughts. I do have one more question. On this particular MVS cart, there is a warranty sticker with the arcade distributor's name and information, essentially a "warranty void if removed". The sticker also contains a serial number with in my mind equals transparency. The arcade distributor is World Wide Video out of San Diego, California.

http://www.worldwidevideo.biz/

I did research on this distributor and they are still in business and appear to be reputable with many large commercial accounts such as Gameworks, Dream Machine, Boomers, Dave and Busters and Time Out Arcades.

My question: Was or is it common for high profile distributors to sell bootleg kits, especially during a period when SNK of America was alive and well?

Here is a picture of the sticker on the cart. If the picture doesn't get uploaded, I will also add a link.

Thank you.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8304/7746642390_02d7296998_m.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7982338@N07/7746642390/in/photostream

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It is very possible that a distributor had a bootleg back in the day and was unaware of it. The whole bootleg phenomenon was much less documented a decade or so ago.

...Or it could just be relabeled.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I've gotten a boot with the void stickers over the screw holes. Didn't stop me from ripping it open and check though.