motw ,boot or no boot

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
how you doing lads,
just after some advice weather my mvs motw is a boot i opend it up and the furthest to the right rom has a black wire link on it. also the last 4 roms out of 8 have stickers on them with 253 on them and i think the name of them is st with singapore on them the other 4 are toshiba with the correct 253 ngh number on them.

there are 2 other chips at the bottom with snk on them.

the boards are snk 1999.

again on the other board all chips have the correct ngh numbers on them.

all soldering looks sound.

do you recon it has been repaired or is a boot.

there was a sticker on the side of the cart saying waranty void if broken or removed i cnt remember

cheers lads

p.s i would post a pic but im thick and dnt know how

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Based on your description, it sounds like it's almost certainly not a boot. Whether it's repaired or not may be open to discussion, but it doesn't really matter anyway as long as it's original and it works.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i hoped it wouldnt be a boot ,i ended up with a boot of svc chaos and you could tell that was ,it was the stickers and the wire thats thrown me on this one,cheers mate

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
me too....

...i just got one of these of the 'bay myself. i would love for more folks to weigh in.

i'm not sure if it's a boot myself...it seems to be alot of legit pieces in here; however, those singapore eproms do not inspire confidence (unless MVS MOTW have these in general).

the black jumper and see thru roms are a trip...this is my first MOTW, so i'm not sure what it should look like inside.

i guess the proof will be in the pudding-have Tizoc vs. Tizoc on Tizocs' level and see if the jawn crashes:mr_t:.

i'll have time to play this more next week.

hope to hear more from folks who are in the know;) (looks @ Big Bear).

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
...i just got one of these of the 'bay myself. i would love for more folks to weigh in.

i'm not sure if it's a boot myself...it seems to be alot of legit pieces in here; however, those singapore eproms do not inspire confidence (unless MVS MOTW have these in general).

the black jumper and see thru roms are a trip...this is my first MOTW, so i'm not sure what it should look like inside.

i guess the proof will be in the pudding-have Tizoc vs. Tizoc on Tizocs' level and see if the jawn crashes:mr_t:.

i'll have time to play this more next week.

hope to hear more from folks who are in the know;) (looks @ Big Bear).

Your description of it doesn't sound good. You should post the photos.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
pics coming l8r tonight or early tomorrow am...

@ neoalec,

i thought my description matched the one at the top o' the thread, down to the 'black wire.'

hopefully, once i get pics up (later tonight after work) both bcfczulu and i will know what we are dealing with.

pardon my ignoramousness; will photoing the boards wipe the eproms? they used to have white stickers over their see-thru 'windows' on the chips. (stickers appear worn away)

will shooting w/out a flash be ok?

plz lmk-boot or not, this is all i have ATM and would hate to brick my cart because of photoing incorrectly.

best regards,

jim

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
thanks for the heads up re: tape. my newborn son had other plans for me that didn't involve a photo shoot last night:D

i'll get the flix up ASAP.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
how you doing mate,

if your description matches mine its definetly not a boot ive done some reserch on it and it seems(i think icant remember exactly) that alot of the jpn carts have this on them., and there definatly legit.

im sure i serched on this site for the info

hope this helps;)

just looked again

if you use the search option for mark of the wolves look for the thread by peratio theres a pic of the boards with the wire and everyone says its legit

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes, a lot of Garou carts have 4 EEPROMS because of a repair that SNK did, the rest of the chips should be the regular numbered PROMS. If not, you do have a boot.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I bought a cheap repaired motw from akiba-connect for $39 +22 shipping. Usually u pay a lot more than that for garou on ebay.