Hewitson said:
Configuration > System > Coin Mode

yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'm only given 3 choices there:

1 C : 1 C, 1 C : 2 C, 2 C : 1 C

no freeplay

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Which game is it? Most of them have a free play option but some of the older CPS2 games don't have it - Eco Fighters, Tower of Doom, SSF2X come to mind.

SSS

neo retired
twalden said:
Which game is it? Most of them have a free play option but some of the older CPS2 games don't have it - Eco Fighters, Tower of Doom, SSF2X come to mind.

It's a hispanic region X-Men vs SF

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I just put it as 1:2 and then put in 99 credits, that's freeplay-ish. :D

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
I booted my Phoenixed X-Men vs SF in every region and the Hispanic version is the only one that doesn't have a free play option. Weird. I ended up playing it for about 45 mins :emb:

SSS

neo retired
twalden said:
I booted my Phoenixed X-Men vs SF in every region and the Hispanic version is the only one that doesn't have a free play option. Weird. I ended up playing it for about 45 mins :emb:

odd, probably just a mistake on capcom's part. wired in some coin buttons to my cab so I'm good to go.

SSS

neo retired
norton9478 said:
Don't Hispanic cabs have a Timer?

don't know. It's just a beat up cps2 cart and A board I got ahold of recently. Running it in one of my candies that I just rewired from scratch with cps1/cps2-3 kick harnesses.

N80G80

Igniz's Servent
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
don't know. It's just a beat up cps2 cart and A board I got ahold of recently. Running it in one of my candies that I just rewired from scratch with cps1/cps2-3 kick harnesses.

beat up....who would beat up a cps2 board??? and you rewired the crowin eh..hows it look now??

SSS

neo retired
N80G80 said:
beat up....who would beat up a cps2 board??? and you rewired the crowin eh..hows it look now??

I'm not sure, looks like somebody dragged it down the street behind their truck... :smirk: How'd a green shell get on a Hispanic cart anyhow?

cab looks ok, monitor is nice and sharp, though it does buzz like a hornets nest. I assume it's just a noisy flyback. fabricated a back door for the cabinet so it isn't as audible. Can't complain, 27" tri sync WG for $100 when I bought if from an arcade distributer. he had pulled it out of a golden tee, all it needed was some color adjustment.

crowin.jpg

too lazy to make a different overlay. Control panel is a custom fabrication, I threw out the original plastic one long ago.