Good price for an Neo*Geo? (AES home console)

What do you guys all think a fair price would be for a Neo*Geo? And as long as we're on the subject, where do you reccomend getting one?

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I just saw it says AES, your best bet is ebay, problably in the 200-300 range.

Well, I've been considering a CD, it is a lot more affordable after all, but I heard the load times are a royal pain. If they're not that bad, I may pick up that first, then get an AES. (If I do get an AES, I also plan on spending about $200-$300 on an MVS converter to save more cash.)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Hey nights-man,
I can say that many people that are here would recommend that you pick up a Mvs machine, because of its affordability, for the cartridge and the machine. I personally have the aes machine with the phantom convertor and the cd machine. I can personally say that I prefer the cart machine slightly, but for the prices (like 25 for Turfmasters compared to 75+ on mvs and 600+ on home that the cd machine is a good buy for people starting out. The load times are bad for somegames, I know RBFF2 sucks with loads, but most of the older games are okay. Some games just load in the begining. This is just a suggestion and good luck Save your money and get something you'll be glad you did,
Ralfakick