Location of work ram on MV2- 01

ninja maestro

World Soccer '96
I have a 2 slot that gives Work ram erro.

Work 00C1006E

Write 5500

Read 5500

Most ram topics seem to cover backup ram or video ram in this forum, so I am going to just just change them and hope for the best, but where on the 2 slot are they?

There seem to be 3 times 2 lots of 43256 locations on the board, I am just not sure which ones. Is it the 2 above the bios, the 2 more or less center or the 2 next to the credit display connectors?

Please help, I am sure someone knows this, and once I do it should be an easy fix, thanks!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Hey...

I'm out away from the shop for a bit... so I don't have a board to look at.

The work RAM and the backup RAM are both connected directly to the CPU. The difference is that the backup RAM is connected to the battery for power where the work RAM is connected to the +5v pin on the JAMMA connector for power.

That'll help you narrow it down to 2 chips.

I made a post on diagnosing SRAM problems but that won't help you on work SRAM problems since if you short out a data line on those the system will just not boot at all.

RJ

ninja maestro

World Soccer '96
I got all sorts of results from all 6 chips regarding +5 volts.....can you just tell me which ones they are in the pic?
DSC00084.jpg

Last edited:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The work ram are the one ones you have circled right next to the 68000 and Yamaha

Last edited:

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
The 2 in the middle of the board, under the CPU, and to the right of the Yamaha chip are the ones.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
I just use continuous flow to both remove and reinstall chips with solder wick, been doing this for years and I haven't lifted a trace or damaged a chip in over a decade with this method.