NeoBitz install problem.

I got my Neobitz board in the mail today, the fancy one with component. Well, the actual install of the wiring to the board was cake. The R,B,G, Ground, Power, and sync I was able to install zero problems. I drilled the back and wired up all the connections. (that took forever) Went to power it on, and the screen flashed and I got a clicking noise. Couldent access the bios menu when I held down all 4 buttons, nothing. I know my wiring on the board was spot on, I know im a n00b here but I've modded a lot of my systems. Anything I can do to bring it back or am I needing to get a new NeoGeo? Im pretty heartbroken right now, I had dreams of last blade in component and stereo.

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
clicking from speakers usually means the a bios problem

Any way to test or replace the bios? Could a failing bios cause some games to work and some others not to work?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
LOV2XLR8 94Z28 said:
Any way to test or replace the bios? Could a failing bios cause some games to work and some others not to work?

what board is it on? im local btw im in edmond also

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Did you do a bios mod at the same time? You can unplug the Neobitz connectors to make sure your Neo is working properly while the Neobitz is not in use.

Can you provide pics?

Well, I was messing with it some more a friend came over too look at it, and said he couldent find any points where the though I toasted it. Hooked it up low-and-behold it booted. I reinstalled the NeoBitz board and it's a sight to see. My component is a little off, kinda flickers at top. Haven't tested s-video as I dont have a S-video to S-video cable. The NeoGeo gods smile apon me, I thought it was broken.