AC interference in my monitor?

Rick

Crazed Addict,
I just replaced the monitor it my cab with a brand new one. Problem I'm still having is interference on the screen. It's like horizontal lines scrolling up the screen quickly then slowing down, then the picture is perfect, then the scrolling lines reverse directions. You can't see it on dark colors; only light ones, especially white. I bought an AC line filter from radio shack, but it didn't work. I've noticed the contrast is set pretty high, and I have it turned down all the way on the remote board. Maybe I can turn it down more on the main chassis? I need to try other outlets in my house; thing is my long extension cord is missing the ground (third plug)

Can this be an issue with my power supply? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Flavor

Saver,
I don't really know what the problem is, but here are a couple things to try.

1) Disable (turn off) any marquee lights. I had a cabinet that had a flourescent light in it that made my monitor wavy. I replaced it with a $7 WalMart light, and it's fine, now.

2) Check the black level on the monitor. I think that it's different from the contrast control if I remember correctly.

I installed a line filter when I had my problem, and then I found out that it was just the flourescent light. I hope this helps.

Shred

Bead Banger
Originally posted by Rick:
<strong>I just replaced the monitor it my cab with a brand new one. Problem I'm still having is interference on the screen. It's like horizontal lines scrolling up the screen quickly then slowing down, then the picture is perfect, then the scrolling lines reverse directions. You can't see it on dark colors; only light ones, especially white. I bought an AC line filter from radio shack, but it didn't work. I've noticed the contrast is set pretty high, and I have it turned down all the way on the remote board. Maybe I can turn it down more on the main chassis? I need to try other outlets in my house; thing is my long extension cord is missing the ground (third plug)

Can this be an issue with my power supply? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would look into getting an extension cord with a ground just for the safty factor.