What the hell is this?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a hack of 2k3 I think, theres a bunch of hacks of KOFs.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Ha ha..Good old Julius the boot/non working boot seller.

Shit at $9.00 he can't give that thing away huh..

That cart will probably explode in a cab..:mad:
IT IS NOT A ORIGINAL SNK CARTRIDGE ..

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I like the label. The 2003 part is cut off.

fuzionmuse

n00b
I knew there was no such thing as KOF 2004, and that looked like a serious hack job, so it raised some red flags... I guess Julius (or whatever) is pretty well known?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
He sold me my first boot (KOF 2002). I owned it for a year or so until I got wiser about boots and found out it was not real. I felt pretty cheated. Of course he wouldn't take it back.

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
One thing that always bothers me about these are the presence of Voltage Regulators on the boards.....one of these goes a tad wrong and it'll pop fuses/burn traces on yer MVS board :(

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
dannywhac said:
One thing that always bothers me about these are the presence of Voltage Regulators on the boards.....one of these goes a tad wrong and it'll pop fuses/burn traces on yer MVS board :(
Yeah, the argument that you may do damage to your MVS system with a poorly made bootleg is something to think about.

fuzionmuse said:
Here's another find... KOF 2005? hmm... Another one that technically doesn't exist, at least officially...

http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-OF-FIGHTER...oryZ3945QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
This one is common. It strikes me that it must be one of the better hacks (still terrible).

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
One of the better hacks? The people that made it can't even count! :lol:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I hate all those things....except:

SVC Chaos Plus Plus > SVC Chaos legit

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
What are the differences?

the hack has all characters selectable without code including red arremer

Evil Ken FTW

I actually had a bootleg blow up on me once. It was a KOF 10th Anniversary. During gameplay the game's sound constantly made a loud buzzing noise. After about an hour of play, I heard a loud pop. I then looked in the back of my cab and noticed that the clear cartridge casing was full of grey smoke. The same still worked, but had garbled sound. I was lucky that it didn't damage my setup.

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
DegenerateSkate said:
I actually had a bootleg blow up on me once. It was a KOF 10th Anniversary. During gameplay the game's sound constantly made a loud buzzing noise. After about an hour of play, I heard a loud pop. I then looked in the back of my cab and noticed that the clear cartridge casing was full of grey smoke. The same still worked, but had garbled sound. I was lucky that it didn't damage my setup.

That'll prolly be one of the capacitors blowing on the board - nasty.....