hyper notes

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
ok, kiddos. I have been playing my hyper, switching games - Asura Zanmaden, Buriki, FFWA... and I noticed that when you first put in the cart, and power up, and the memory is cleared, the hidden characters are not viewable at all in the Service Menu->coin Options->Character Use screen. Instead you get empty an empty space (confirmed with Silber and Xiang Fei). When you unlock these characters, the empty space I mentioning under character use will suddenly contain the name of the chracter.

Asura Zanmaden has an empty space in the Character Use screen. There are 3 3d models that no one has been able to claim using: Gandara, Yuga male, and Yuga female. I'd be happy to use any of them.

Now I was wondering if I could cheat them open, but how? There are about 4 dip switches on the bottom of the motherboard, but the manual says that these aren't usable. So what about the pins - I have a switch installed for test mode that connects 1 to 15. However, the manual mentions a "service switch" on the bottom, at pin R.

Anyone got any ideas - know something... I know we have a few hyper owners here.

C

Caris Nautilus

There has to be some sort of default way, as I told you in email, I had a freak accident when I kept pulling the jamma harness on and off the board, cause the pin for +5v was loose and I didn't know it. In that time the board must have powered off and on about 8 times.

When it was all said and done, I powered up, and to my surprise Xangfei and Geese were on the select screen, and I had never unlocked them before.

The same thing happened to my freind Neodragon he says, he powered up one day and they were there, he had never unlocked them (He didnt know how).

I would like to know this secret.