Neo MVS Breakers question

quoth09

War Room Troll
Just wondering if any of you have a Breakers cart? If so, could you crack yours open, and look to see if you have any wires running on yours anywhere, namely the rear PCB on the back?

The reason I ask this, is because I recently received one (that is getting sent back), and there was a repair (?) done to the rear PCB, as shown in the photos below.

The Cart is not a boot, or conversion, but just wondering if this is on all of them, or what the deal with this is? The wire shown is the only one anywhere on it, and out of all of the MVS carts I have seen, this kinda threw me off a bit.

Any help is appreciated. I will post more info as needed.

breakers01.jpg

breakers02.jpg

dannywhac

Cheng's Errand Boy
That looks like a 'homemade' repair to the board.

Possibly a trace from either the A6 or A7 pin of the 531000 (S1) had become broken, and they've bridged the break with that wire. Quite messy soldering - if you have a look under the board and follow the trace running back from where the wires soldered to to the S1 chip, I'll bet you see a break.

*edit - just had a butchers at the back of a CHA256B board and it does run to pin A6.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You're returning it because of the wire? I didn't even return my Irritating Maze that had all the roms resoldered in, and isn't always reliable on boot. Well, that's ebay for you.

quoth09

War Room Troll
Funny that you are so quick to jump at that repair and say there isn't anything wrong with it neo_alec. To answer your question: No, I'm returning it because of that, AS WELL as the reasons below. Broken traces, bad graphics, etc. etc. This thing wasn't reliable AT ALL. For those wondering, yes it was cleaned. It was cleaned so much that I could have eaten off of the contacts. I also tried it on at least 3 other MVS systems.

Yeah, I did get it from eBay, but how did you know that? What, are you stalking me? And what does eBay have to do with a cart being working, etc?

There are more things than just what I am showing below: bad text on combo counter, all the credit counter text is garbled, etc. etc.

Now, what was it you were saying?
All I came in here asking was if that was normal (possible Visco/SNK repair) or if it was on a lot of these carts/common repair.

breakers04.jpg

breakers07.jpg

breakers08.jpg

breakers10.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Easy there. Just curious and a lucky guess. Seems like most crap around these parts comes from ebay.

quoth09

War Room Troll
Neo Alec said:
Easy there. Just curious and a lucky guess. Seems like most crap around these parts comes from ebay.

No problem, but I wouldn't simply be returning the cart for a simple reason like what you stated. I'm not that unreasonable. The damn thing had broken traces on it, which there is no reason for. Yeah, a lot of junk does come from eBay.

All I know is that the seller better hurry up and give me the rest of my refund, or they will be getting posted about with plenty of pretty photos regarding their practices and other stuff if they don't, and that that is no threat. I'm currently waiting for their reply back to an email I just sent them. They already have enough of a bad rep here, and I gave them one more chance with me, which I shouldn't have done, and this proves it.

UPDATE: I got a full refund from them. Never dealing with them again either.

Last edited:

quoth09

War Room Troll
Hewitson said:
Christ.. How the fuck could that have happened?

You know, I asked the same question, and came to the conclusion that someone probably swapped boards/cases, and during the swap, it got damaged. It could have also been pulled out of a damaged case, and then sat somewhere for a bit waiting for a transplant.

Either way, it's inexcusable. It's not a proper repair, as the game still had problems, and actually the chips should have been pulled and the board thrown. The photos don't do it justice; the actual board looked worse. Nothing wrong with the first board though.

Thing is, the seller knew about it beforehand, and considered it normal. Even stated 100% working. I don't consider what I got 100% working. I was under the assumption from the screenshot I saw before purchasing, that it simply just needed cleaned, but it was far beyond what I thought.

Seller didn't give me any problems about a refund, but I still had to pay the return shipping, which shouldn't have been required.

quoth09

War Room Troll
Space Runaway said:
So...does the '100% Working' mean it was one of Yaton's?

Nope, not from Yaton. I actually have never dealt with Yaton personally, but have heard nothing but good things for the most part.

This was actually listed as 100% original (which it was), and 100% working.