Thoughts on NGF hurting the Neo Geo Cart Scene

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Just thought I would post a thought I had, and actually posted in another forum.

Anyway, we have had debates on cart conversions, and there is pretty much a split on this practice.

My opinion is that I see no problem sacrificing carts like WH2, SS2, FF2, FF2, and FF3. There are manyy copies of these carts, and since so few people convert, the supply should not run out.

I do feel bad about using KOF99s for conversions. Since SNK decided to implement the protection scheme on games like PI2, Gannryu, and Strikers, if one wants to play the game on the home system, this can only be done with a conversion.

Enough of that background stuff, onto why what NGF is doing is BAD!

For every converted KOF2000 they sell, they are sacrificing a KOF99 AND also taking away one sale from SNK/Aruze for the real KOF2000. This is hurting the Neo Geo. Less carts will be sold due to their greed!

They can explain away all they want for their practice, but converting a game that will be released, and decreasing its sales is WRONG! If they want to continue their racket, they should have followed the same model they used to do Metal Slug 3. Maybe they will still do this, but the sales they are making now is what is causing damage.

Well, I would ask them for a response, but I would be surprised if they did respond.

Anyone else want to share opinions?

Keith

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
What NGF does in terms of conversions and fake inserts, etc. is a crime. They are like a parasite, living on the Neo community. I agree totally with your philosophy regarding sac carts . . . the older games are quite plentiful, but the new games such as KOF99 are not nearly as common as, say, SS2. So converting carts for new games like Ganryu (why bother?), Strikers, and PI2 is a destructive process, and a waste of precious NG cart resources.

As for sales of KOF 2000, again I agree . . . except anyone STUPID enough to pay $1000 or more for their LAME KOF 2000 cart probably DESERVES to lose thier money. For that amount of money you could easily have THREE OR MORE AUTHENTIC CARTS, duh, why waste your money?

I think that if everyone here, and on other Neo Geo boards keeps on Dion and Chris about their practices (i.e. reporting them to eBay Safe Harbor, which I did for their KOF 2000 auction), we can help prevent their dishonest and illegal business practices from succeeding too well. What they do makes me sick, and even if you look at the idiotic wording of their auction you can see what kind of total fucking ASSHOLES they are. Right Dion? Right Chris? Keep your fake bullshit off of eBay, and out of the Neo community.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
couldnt agree more

couldnt agree more,pal

and look
if i didnt have ff3 already

i'd be pissed off as hell,
cos by killing hundreds of em ff3 carts,
they're prolly fuckin going to...

not saying that its ever going to be
sold at the same price of kizuna or whatever

but if snk made...dunno 10000 copies of ff3

and they destroyed 1000

itd still be something really fuckin stooopid
a really reckless and idiotic thing to do...

i mean

WHY??

cos some kid want kizuna and cant afford it..
madness

buy the mvs instead

how can one be happy with playing a game,
knowing it AINT original and it didnt
even come out as a home cart?

thats beyond me

cant get me head round it at all

even if them cunts sacrificed ONE cyber lip

i'd still want to chop their fuckin balls off

and man....
the funny thing is
they convert kizuna or waku 7 cos
they're "too expensive"

they basically sell you something with
NO BLEEDIN VALUE

at sky high prices !!!

kizuna the real one 1000 $
kizuna the fake one 700 $

WTF?????!!!!!

it is

R I D I C O L O U S

they're greedy cunts !

and man
specially that fishy wanker
whats his fuckin name?

Dion??

just who the fuck does he think he is?

he just gotta thank the lord he lives in
america

and you people seem to be SO pacific

if he lived round me parts,
and he sold a non workin game to me
or to one of me mates,
no matter if the game is worth 50 $
or 1000 $

we'd simply go and smash the fuck out of him

that dickhead
with his stoopid jacket

i'm gonna clean me ass with that yellow
stooopid jacket

and he's got a face like the ass

coming on this message board

saying

i'm the fuckin king

i'm ngf

all the way

WHAT THE FUCK !!!

i dunno why you people let him in
in the first place

but i...
i'm sure some of yer lot like him

anyway

i'm really off now

this headache's killin me

laters

Fran

Robi15

20 Year Member
People will always convert carts. If they want to and have the saccarts,they do it. They don't care about what we all others think. That the games are getting harder to find and so on.

Robi15

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
Damn Fran your shit is so funny. You grammer isnt so hot but you sure know what to say!

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Okay,

My Biggest BEEF with NGF is not that they convert carts, It is that they are very arrogant and charge an enormouse amount of money for somthing that is not worth that much. They also attempt to pump of the price on items by claiming how rare and official thier stuff is. Since I have been around the Neo for a long time Now I know better, but those New to the scene are sometimes mislead. Anyway though It really would be a none issue if they charged a Fair market price for their product, but to still charge say $850 for a cart that cost maybe $200 in parts and pieces is what bothers me. And always wanting to inflate the price like it is becoming rarer when the simple fact is if somebody wanted one they can just make another at a cheaper cost. Sheesh

well anyway if you want to go on a crusade against those who convert carts would you also have to include Jeff Kurtz for doing conversions, Nick th Fury for make inserts for converted carts, The original cart convertor from MAS (No it was not NGF), super sellers, anyone who does cart conversion or make artwork for converted carts.

My answer would be No, I like the above people. it not the idea of converting carts that bother me, it's the idea of people taking advantage of others that bother me.

phil

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Let's just say that if it wasn't for people like this and their followers who are eager to believe them, we would probably have cheaper prices to deal with.

I think we're all guilty (a little) when the issue of high priced Neo Geo games come into play... our love for the system and the games naturally does things like that, especially when it comes to actually parting with stuff. However, it wouldn't nearly be as bad if there wasn't people like NGF with such an obvious influence (whether it be positive or negative) on the way games are priced.

Does NGF hurt the scene? In a way that helps provide games to the public, no. But their practices and methods of providing games does hurt the scene. It's a great idea and concept, unfortunately being dreamed up and ran by the wrong type of people. NGF could be just as helpful to the Neo Geo scene as Turbo Zone Direct (TZD) is for the PC-Engine community; a great, reliable source to get old and new games, systems, hardware and even repairs. But that'll never happen.

Maybe some other people need to create a business similar to NGF, but with better business practices... just a thought.
smile.gif

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hey lump

what were you expecting?

it was midnight

had slept fuck all the previous night
i was seein double

biggest bastard headache EVER

i'm not a geography teacher,
and YOU KNOW !!

my shit is hot eh?

aye

i know it is

my shit is
as someone else'd say

"the only way"

JRock917

, ,
I have to second lump, Fran some of your posts have made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. One thing I am curious about is how come NFG is the only place that has unreleased carts? I personally have not heard of any other place that offers them. The points made in this posting about the price of KOF 2000 being driven up due to the unethical practices of NGF are most accurate; with the golden mass market days of the neo gone, and the remaining fanbase the hardcore neoholics like the members of this forum, most certainly the carts will become more and more precious commodities. I can not bear the thought of buying a cart that is not official SNK product, unless the game itself is only available in a converted form. It is good for these carts to hold their value the way many of them do, but when the market gets flooded with NGF scam carts, the value is definitely going to be affected. Its kindof like the house on the corner whose owner never mows the yard or cares for the exterior of his property, and therefore drives the value of his neighbor's property down. As far as providing a source for neo games and accessories, I have to hand it to Shawn, he really does well in that regard with his store on this site.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I'll add a third to that, Fran's posts are really funny. This last one was particularly so . . .
smile.gif

I got off to a rough start with him, and for that I apologize . . . it was in the War Room and, as sometimes happens, I was being a bit of an asshole. Fran, sorry, you do have some really funny posts, and we all enjoy them a lot! Glad you're on the board!
smile.gif

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
All I know is that Fran likes to hit the <ENTER> key after every three words
smile.gif

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
The Neo-Geo equivalent of Turbo Zone Direct will be Supersellers of Japan, some of the games are crazy to find even in Japan.

As far as NGF, I used to think keeping them out of any forum is a good idea, wrong! That's one mistake I've made when I was the moderator of DL club. As you can see, Dion is getting smarter now by not getting involved here and do all the contacts privately. It may be annoying when he's here, but you have to realize when people see him behave that way publicly, people won't buy stuff from them with such proffesionalism.

So the best we can do is reporting to ebay should such auction (KOF 2000 AES cart) appears again.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Yeah I agree that banning him won't help anything although I wanted him banned at first. He actually hurts himself so there is no need for us to do anything. We can just sit back and watch him make a fool out of himself.