Grainy AES Output-any solutions?

kbk77

n00b
My AES has always given grainy output-there is a noticeable "texture" to everything on screen, pure colors are not flat but have varying pixel color strength. My other neo systems don't have this, does anyone know what could be wrong? I thought the s-vid mod would help but it only makes it more apparent. Serial # is 221xxx, jap system. Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's kind of annoying. :mad:

kbk77

n00b
It's definitely not the carts, this is just an omnipresent grainy pattern, with slight vertical lines visible (not moving). I think it may have something to do with the video output, but I have no technical info on this part of the neo.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Are you using composite or RF output? If so, contact me (jmkurtz@macola.com) and I can help you if you want SVideo added to your system.

Jeff

kbk77

n00b
I have s-video on the system already, the grainyness must come from some defective part before the video output. The grainyness is even more apparent with s-video because it is so sharp!
Any other ideas>bad resistor or other board component? Anything I could check myself?