Anybody know how to propperly hook up the extra buttons for Capcom CPS1 games?

How do you hook up the extra buttons for SFII CE? I checked the board and found a few things that might be the connector, but random stumbling arround didn't produce any results, and I really don't know what I'm looking for in the first place. I also had a wavy picture problem. My MVS gets wavy when the power supply is giving too much, but I twisted the adjustment knob on my power pack and it did nothing to SfII.

Rigel

The Ultimate 11
Originally posted by Chibi_Nappa:
[QB]How do you hook up the extra buttons for SFII CE? I checked the board and found a few things that might be the connector, but random stumbling arround didn't produce any results, and I really don't know what I'm looking for in the first place.[QB]<hr></blockquote>

There should be a set of pins sticking up from the board. It should be a set of 10 or 12. As to the order of which kick is which, I couldn't tell yah. But you can test it by just connecting one wire to each pin and seeing what it controls. That's how I would do it, unless someone else can give you an exact pin-out.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
AUXILLARY WIRE HARNESS
10 PIN
----
GND | 1| BLACK
GND | 2| BLACK
1P KICK LIGHT | 3| PURPLE
1P KICK MIDDLE | 4| GRAY
1P KICK HEAVY | 5| WHITE
N.C. | 6|
2P KICK LIGHT | 7| ORANGE
2P KICK MIDDLE | 8| GREEN
2P KICK HEAVY | 9| BLUE
N.C. |10

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The middle socket CN102 on the top most board (C-board) is where you make the connection, I think pin 1 is ground.

[ February 28, 2002: Message edited by: mainman ]</p>

Caseh

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I have a supergun with 6 ports in the back which allows you to wire up kick buttons straight to the jamma harness.

If your supergun has an opening in the back with these ports you dont need to attach a "kick loom" to your SF board. :D