Calling all Neo-Geo fans from New York!

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm hoping to make a trip to the Big Apple before Christmas and I was wondering if anyone in New York could recommend a good place to purchase some some Neo-Geo AES carts.

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
JnL or a place in a China town Mall called, the video games store. cant be more descriptive then that, Try http://gamefaq.com/ to find JnL's phone # and address.

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
the only place i know of around here in queens and long island is game express. they have a web page gexpress...i used to work there any they are pretty much crappy...There is one of their stores in manhattan but it sucks .....I know I have heard good stores about china town and a new store opened on francis lewis blvd game depot but havent check that yet..(thats in queens by bayside/flushing) If u find any place let me know.....
thanks
lonely NY Neo Fan

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Holy Crap! Game Express is a waste of time! I think the one near me has 3 count bout and super side kicks2, all of which go for $100.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Wasnt Japan Video Games in NY? I got some decent Neo stuff there once.

Dark Kaede

n00b
Your best bet is at Jnl Games. They are located on canal st and elizabeth st. Across from the police precinct. They have a wide selection of neo games. Be prepared to pay some money for the rarer carts though. Ive seen a World heroes perfect going for $550! I know its rare and all but world heroes? Not me. Later Kaede

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I'm going to New York next month (as well as Toronto) and there're a number of stores in Asian shopping malls, most don't have web sites, but they do accept mail order so I'll provide the info once I'm there.

As far as New York, 2 places to check out:
http://www.jnlgame.com

I know the prices are high, but there're few good deals such as Kabuki Klash ($225), Magical Drop 3 ($275), and Shock Troopers 2 ($275).

The other 2 stores in the Elizabeth Center are Penguine Village and The Game Shop, they're actually one entity. The Game Shop has new release game, so they'll have KOF 2000 during release (I got brand new Metal Slug X last year for $190), here's the info for Game Shop:

The Game Shop
Elizabeth Center, Unit #25
New York, NY 10013
1-212-431-9638

Around Chinatown, there're 2 other sotes, one right on Canale St, 2nd floor near McDonald, and the other one at northern end of Chinatown on Grand St. If you go to Chinatown, what you want to get is hardcase Neo-Geo Pocket games, they're still selling at reasonable prices.

Near East Village in Manhattan, you must go to this store on 9th St:
http://www.multimedia1.com

One of the members in my TurboGrafx club works at this store, his name is Greg Wilcox. The store has everything from Game and Watch to newest system like PS2.

As far as Game Express (right in front of Madison Square Garden), forget it, unless you visit the store in person, trying to mail order from them is a big hassle, after all they only have few games in stock, all common ones.

If anyone knows any cool stores (those selling Neo-Geo home carts) in Flushing, please let me know.

Vince