Is it hard to put a PCB into a cab?

chuckd072

n00b
I have a 4 player WWF Wrestlefest cab that is on the blink, so I bought a WWF board off of eBay (I also bought a Blitz board), but I don't know how to put a board into a cab. I am asuming that it is not that hard, but I am a novice at this sort of thing. Is it a difficult process? Can anyone give me some pointers or advice regarding this process? Any help is greatly appreciated.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Take care you don't plug the connector the wrong way... it should be keyed on the 7th pin... and there must be another connexctor somewhere on the pcb for player 3 and 4. Check the net for the pinouts...

Samurai Hamster

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Look at how the old board is hooked up ,

Then plug the new board in the sameway .

If you plug it in upside down it will ruin the board , :eek:

Asure

Captain Dick,
WWF Wrestlefest is jamma (+) This means there is a large connector (jamma) going to the pcb. This connector usualy has a key in it (7th pin) as said before. There is usually also some extra connectors for wrestlefest extra player controls connected to the pcb. these are not used on the other pcb's you bought.

So, if the connector is NOT keyed you can plug it in upside down. Usually there is a sticker on the jamma connector that says 'parts' and on the bottom 'solder side'. If it's not there, just sticker the connector.. add 'top' and 'bottom' stickers to it.

When plugging in a new pcb, just disconnect the large jamma connector, and connect it to the new pcb. Take care to see that the teeth of the connector are only making contact with 1 pin at a time !! Some older wide jamma connectors can be moved left or right at the pcb edge connector, resulting in the teeth acting as a jumper on two pins, causing short circuit and damage your pcb! Make sure the teeth are aligned correctly!

As for Blitz.. doesn't that need a harddisk along with the board ?

WWF Wrestelmania by midway is also jamma+ i think.. it needs extra connectors for the kick buttons. Get the manual and see what goes where.
As a side note, it should work when you plug it in, and power up, but you cannot use all buttons..

- Alex