rotating monitor on Exceleena 2

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
So I just picked up one of these last weekend and the monitor was setup vertically. I'm trying to rotate it back to horizontal and the manual is only so helpful with the pictures. I see there is a pivot bar at the back of the monitor that fits in the little socket. However it doesn't look like the bar will be in the right place when it's horizontal. Also, why does that stabilizer bar at the back of the machine hinge? From the pictures in the manual it looks like I have to take it off anyways and rotate the monitor the old fashioned way. Can anyone give me some advice on how to rotate it?

Thanks,
Scott

shess

No link, I'd have to scan the relevant pages. I'll see if I can get it this weekend. Hopefully somebody with an Exceleena 2 can tell me how to do it without resorting to that.

Thanks,
Scott

shess

Someone here at work translated the two pages for me. The first page is about removing the monitor completely. The second page is about how to rotate it. I guess I'm supposed to pull the monitor about 10 inches away from the machine and rotate it on that rear axis. I'll update with how it goes.

Scott

shess

So rotating the monitor isn't too bad. Just pull the monitor up at an angle so the metal pole sits in the bracket and then rotate it. It's heavy, but not as bad as lifting the whole monitor.

Dave_K.

NEST Puppet
I've also got an exceleena (blue version), and noticed that the frame will only rotate one direction and back. Unfortunately its setup to rotate in the wrong direction for most vertical games (old Namco games play fine in this orientation). Anyway, if you ever want to rotate it back to vertical, you may need to take the monitor out completely, and disassemble the frame, the re-assemble it backwards so it can rotate in the opposite direction.

Yeah, even with that hinge its still a heavy mofo to rotate! :lolz:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
No prob rotating the other way, just split the scan plug coil and reverse the scan.

scanplug1.jpg

scanplug2.jpg

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Mega necro bump, but I figured I would chime in as there's not much info about the Exceleena 2. I have one of these and rotated the monitor for the first time on Friday. It's quite easy to do solo. The monitor frame is secured to a plate with four bolts. That plate fits into a sort of guide/groove mounted on the back door. There are two handles on the front monitor bracket. It's not as simple as an Egret 2, but the weight of the monitor is well supported even if you have to place it down mid-rotation. To sort of 'engage' the hinged mech and allow the guide to move freely in the bracket you have to pull out towards the front while simultaneously rotating. All in all I did it myself in a minute.

Like others have mentioned above, vert games will be incorrectly orientated by default. A previous owner of my cab had changed the monitor's physical orientation so that vert games will look correct. As a consequence, horizontal games are flipped for me. You can correct this on most games by flipping the video via DIPs or the test menu. Look for 'monitor flip' or 'cocktail mode' or something similar. A side effect of the location of the rotate mech is that the back panel seems to be inaccessible. If you're trying to adjust convergence or something on the chassis it seems like you'll have to take the whole monitor out and run video to it externally from the Exceleena.

It's decidely low tech compared to the Taito mechs, but it works.

Last edited: