XRGB-3 shortage update

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
Hey neo fanboy & girls.

I found out the reason why they are so hard to get a hold of is
Japan is REALLY unfriendly towards exporting large amounts of
japan-made items that haven't been released in the USA.

With that said, I found a import shop that does sell them.
Will expose it once I have mine.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
i don't think this has anything to do with it.

i've only seen a used XRGB3 in one shop since i've been in tokyo, and it was 250 dollars.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
All the Japanese department stores that i've called have them in stock and
can not ship them internationally.

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
ravenmgs said:
All the Japanese department stores that i've called have them in stock and
can not ship them internationally.

if this is true, and i suspect it's not(unless ravenmgs is in japan RIGHT NOW, which is a good possibility), the reality is, are we talking about a massive xenophobic conspiracy? Or the lack of a desire to pay and/or charge ridiculous shipping fees to foreign countries?

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
taitai said:
if this is true, and i suspect it's not(unless ravenmgs is in japan RIGHT NOW, which is a good possibility), the reality is, are we talking about a massive xenophobic conspiracy? Or the lack of a desire to pay and/or charge ridiculous shipping fees to foreign countries?

There are these things called "trade laws", and Japan has certain trade laws to protect them selves from imports and protect intellectual property from being stolen in countries where an item may not be patented or copy righted. I am not a international trade lawyer, but this is what I've been told by the department and electronics stores in Japan. I will post some links to these shops that have plenty in stock but will not ship internationally for legal reasons.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug

Never been able to see a XRGB-3 in action. Anyone know of a site that has before and after pics for the XRGB-3?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
this is horseshit, for one, it's been out of production. this isn't a CD player, these things aren't made on a huge scale.

two, NCS would be all over bringing these units in if there were any to be bought up.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
DurandalThoth said:
this is horseshit, for one, it's been out of production. this isn't a CD player, these things aren't made on a huge scale.

two, NCS would be all over bringing these units in if there were any to be bought up.

If anyone but this forums spamming troll wants to know how to get one PM me and I'll hook you up.

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
daybona said:
Last time I heard XRGB2s are better anyway.

I have both. X3 is better for xbox, wii and ps2. X2 is better for older systems and some playstation 2 games.