King of Fighters '98 UM & Samurai Shodown: EoD USA Location Test

Trieu

New Challenger
To the beloved ng.com members:

SNK Playmore JP will be holding a location test for both King of Fighter's 98: Ultimate Match and Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny in the United States on Saturday, March 8th, 2008.

Address: 10363 Balboa Blvd
Granada Hills, CA 91344
818-360-0419

Time: 12 - 6 pm

This is a one day only test and is the official debut of both titles in the USA, so if you're in the area, drop by to check out the latest titles from SNK Playmore JP. Both titles will be released in the USA in the near future, but for now, be the first in the US to see it for yourself.

Special thanks to the Family Fun Arcade Management Group for being gracious enough to host this event for the fans and of course, a huge thanks to SNK Playmore JP for sponsoring this.

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
hey.
super awesome.
wish i was in cali.
it would be nice to have 98 competition once again.
how you doing mister trieu?
:)

Shawn

snkusa.com
Thanks for sharing the news, hopefully some of us can make it over there to participate. Keep up the good work with spreading the word.

Dandy-J

Crazed MVS Addict
Holy crap! Thanks for the info Trieu.

Looks like I'm hoppin in my car and makin a drive to good ol' sunny Cali :)

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

I would love to be there for some '98 UM.
Hmmmmm.
Perhaps a road trip is in order.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
i go to this arcade all the time, so getting there for me will be a snap. this is going to be awsome! :buttrock:

btw, should i or someone else make a thread in the "gatherings" forum to see who else is going to be there?

Trieu

New Challenger
Shawn said:
Thanks for sharing the news, hopefully some of us can make it over there to participate. Keep up the good work with spreading the word.

From what SNK told me, if you show up, they will give you the rights to distribute KOF XII on the NEO•GEO AES system. :mr_t:

rarehero said:
hey.
super awesome.
wish i was in cali.
it would be nice to have 98 competition once again.
how you doing mister trieu?
:)

Same old stuff. Pretty stoked about all the great fighters coming out this year on the Taito Type X² system as well as other formats. You should come down to Houston for Oni-Con sometime. If we're there this year, SF4 and KOF XII will be there for sure.

If any of you guys are local, stop by, because from what SNK told me tonight, if the test loke turns out well, more will come and come in bigger ways than we've ever seen them. It is rare that SNK Playmore ever holds an event like this and these titles are far superior to what we've seen from them in the past.

In the next 18 months, we will see SNK Playmore's mad plans that will benefit us all. SNK Playmore will have to announce these plans through the course of the year.

DJ Long Cat

Armored Scrum Object
Anyone have any idea whos going to Produce the game here in the US?

Also, is going to run on a candy cabinet or a stand up?

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
my guess is the official distribution might be from Sega or even Taito. with some subsidiaries like Trieu

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Trieu said:
From what SNK told me, if you show up, they will give you the rights to distribute KOF XII on the NEO•GEO AES system. :mr_t:

>_>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I might be there with Juan, so if you want some 3S casuals with a Urien or a killer Hugo. Lemme know. I am a tall effeminate looking white dude.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
well. if you go to oni con let me know.
i went up there one year but it was awhile ago. and i'm not too hot in the anime
scene they have nowadays.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Trieu said:

hahahaha

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
Any idea of a release date for SS yet and if its gonna be censored? The trailer implied it isn't, which surprised me. I may be ordering from arcadeshock if its uncensored ;)

Trieu

New Challenger
Lord Wolfgang Krauser said:
I might be there with Juan, so if you want some 3S casuals with a Urien or a killer Hugo. Lemme know. I am a tall effeminate looking white dude.

Stop by and sure, we'll hit up some 3S. I'm not good at this game compared to the experts at FFA, but I know how to do at least a fireball and an uppercut. :qcf: :dragb:

Luckily this loke test isn't in N. Hollywood, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to find you. :lolz:

SuperPang said:
Any idea of a release date for SS yet and if its gonna be censored? The trailer implied it isn't, which surprised me. I may be ordering from arcadeshock if its uncensored ;)

SS in late March/April. Uncensored 100%. The home version, from what the Director of SNK told me will be different for both the US and JP markets, which will not be finalized until it's near completion, but this is in 2009.

bbs

New Challenger
rarehero said:
i went up there one year but it was awhile ago. and i'm not too hot in the anime

i'm having my fingers crossed to see KOF 98 UM at oni con this year.

lol thats the only bad part about the con, all the damn weirdos!! :lolz:
the funny part is when they want to play some neo with me :lol: i always love handing their asses to them

as for you lucky people who get to go to the location test, bring us back some pics and videos :drool:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SuperPang said:
Anyone know what the deal is with region protection on TX2?

I can feel that viewlix coming :envy: I know your plans! (well I think I do maybe :emb: )

;)

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
tomorrows the big day, so if anyone attending wants to know who i am (to make conversation and whatnot), im the fat bastard wearing long black pants with sandals, a Dethklok(Metalocalpse) t-shirt, and glasses. see you at the arcades! :D

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Hope someone is taking a Decent Video Camera or at least a decent Camera Phone!

Would love to see you lot playing!

Segafan4life

Banned
They need to start having east coast beta tests.

Enough with california getting all the good stuff.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
rarehero said:

Nah, me neither, but the game room is pretty cool.

I played lots of Garou with Giby when he could. Played some other people too, but they sucked, and I hadn't played the game in about 2 or 3 years myself.